MCP2210 Breakout Board:
- Small plug-in board with DIP form factor (2, 10-pin headers spaced at 600mil)
- Mini-USB connector
- Access to the SPI bus and all the GP signals
- PICkit Serial Analyzer compatible header
- 3.3 or 5V jumper selectable VDD
- Able to supply up to 500mA to the rest of the system
MCP2210 SPI slave Motherboard:
- Socket for insertion of the MCP2210 Breakout Board
- Easily accessible test points for the SPI bus and GP signals
- PICkit Serial Analyzer header to access the MCP23S08
- Potentiometer allows altering of voltage on the channel 1 ADC input
The MCP2210 Evaluation Kit is a development and evaluation platform for the MCP2210 device. The MCP2210 Motherboard is designed to work together with the MCP2210 Breakout Board. The motherboard provides the test points needed for measurements and it also contains the SPI slave chips which are MCP23S08 (8 bit I/O expander), MCP3204 (4 channel, 12-bit ADC), 25LC02 (2kbit EEPROM) and TC77 – temperature sensor.
All the mentioned chips are SPI slaves controlled by the MCP2210. The MCP2210 Eval Board Demo software can be used to demonstrate the MCP2210 as a USB-to-SPI (Master) device and allow I/O control. In addition, the MCP2210 Utility software allows custom device configuration. A DLL package is also available in order to allow development of custom software using the MCP2210.
The MCP2210 device is a USB-to-SPI Master converter which enables USB connectivity in applications that have an SPI interface. The device reduces external components by integrating the USB termination resistors. The MCP2210 also has 256 bytes of integrated user EEPROM. The MCP2210 has nine general purpose input/output pins. Seven pins have alternate functions to indicate USB and communication status.
- MCP2210 Breakout Board (ADM00419)
- MCP2210 SPI Slave Motherboard (ADM00420)
- Mini-USB cable
- Important Information Sheet