The MCP2200 Breakout Module is a development and evaluation platform for the USB-to-UART (Universal Serial Bus-to-Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter) serial converter MCP2200 device. The module is comprised of a single Dual In-Line Package (DIP) form-factor board.
The MCP2200 device is detected by a Windows®-based PC host as a composite device. The accompanying software can be used to exercise the board’s features and also provides a reference point for users that want to design their own applications based on the MCP2200 device.
The MCP2200 is a USB-to-UART serial converter which enables USB connectivity in applications that have a UART interface. The device reduces external components by integrating the USB termination resistors. The MCP2200 also has 256 bytes of integrated user EEPROM. The MCP2200 has eight general purpose input/output pins. Four pins have alternate functions to indicate USB and communication status.
- UART Tx and Rx signals
- UART RTS and CTS signals
- 8 General Purpose (GP) lines - configurable for GPIO or dedicated function operation
- User selectable power supply of 3.3V or 5V (up to 500 mA) by using a jumper
- DIP form-factor (0.6 inches overall row spacing between pins)
- PICkit™ Serial Analyzer header – used for UART communication only
- Breakout Module
- Mini-USB cable
- Important Information Sheet