- The demo board allows quick and easy evaluation of the RE46C190
- Typical RE46C190 Application Circuit
- Smoke Chamber Emulator
- Adjustment for Smoke Density
- Adjustment for Low Battery Testing
- Pre-programmed parts adjusted for smoke chamber emulator characteristics
The RE46C190 demo board is a complete stand-alone smoke detector application with a smoke chamber emulator. The demo board allows evaluation of all the functions of the RE46C190. Key test points of the device are available at the bottom edge of the demo board. It is designed for battery operation using a CR123A battery or can be operated using a power supply. The RE46C190 application circuit is on the right side of the board by the battery holder and piezo horn and the smoke chamber emulator is on the left. The smoke chamber emulator can be disconnected from the application circuit and a photo smoke chamber or its components can be connected to the demo board.
The RE46C190 is a low voltage, low current programmable photoelectric smoke detector IC. This circuit will provide all the required features for a photoelectric smoke detector with minimal external components. Programmable setup, calibration and feature selection are the key to reduced component count and reduced manufacturing costs. The boost regulator insures proper operation of the infrared diode and the piezo horn under low battery conditions. The RE46C190 was designed for use in smoke detectors that comply with Underwriters Laboratory Specification UL217 and UL268.
Applications: Photoelectric Smoke Detector Applications
- RE46C190 Demo Board (102-00344)
- Pre-programmed RE46C190 parts
- Knob and standoffs for final board assembly
- Important Information Sheet