- Compatible with Arduino Uno R3
- Easily configurable for various light engines and any input voltage(within operating conditions)
- Wide DC input voltage range
- Simple I2C interface
- Drive 3 LED Channels with constant current
- Powered by 32-bit ARM MCU with Brightness Color Control Unit (BCCU)
- Support for DMX512
- Fast prototyping of LED lighting
- Flicker-free light thanks to high-speed pulse density modulation
- Easy-to-use dynamic dimming and color control
- Small size thanks to high-frequency current control (high power density)
- Backdoor access to on-board microcontroller for advanced users and parameterization
The RGB LED lighting shield from Infineon technologies is one of the first intelligent evaluation boards compatible with Arduino as well as Infineon’s XMC1100 BOOT KIT. It is designed to be easily configurable and combinable for different LED light engines and lamps, for fast prototyping and in-expensive evaluation of LED lighting applications.
The RGB LED Lighting Shield with XMC1202 uses a DC/DC buck topology and is able to drive up to 3 LED channels with constant current. The shield itself is powered by a programmable XMC 32-bit ARM® MCU with embedded Brightness Color Control Unit (BCCU, XMC1200 MCU series), for flicker-free LED dimming and color control.
The BCCU enables extreme low-cost but high quality LED lighting solutions, with minimal user code. The RGB LED lighting shield has also been designed to provide options for the evaluation of smooth, eye-friendly dimming, color mixing for different topologies, and it can be extended with for example DALI/DMX or radar.
Applications: LED lighting