- Compatible with Arduino Uno R3 and XMC1100 Boot Kit from Infineon
- Capable of high frequency PWM, e.g. 30kHz
- Adjustable slew rates for optimized EMI by changing external resistor
- Driver circuit with logic level inputs
- Diagnosis with current sense
- Protection e.g. against overtemperature and overcurrent
- Fast and inexpensive prototyping of DC motor control
- Easy testing of half and full bridge motor control
- Status flag diagnosis with current sense capability
- Overtemperature shut down with latch behavior and undervoltage shut down
The DC motor control shield (DCMOTORCONTRBTN8982TOBO1) from Infineon technologies is one of the first high current motor control boards being compatible to Arduino as well as to Infineon’s XMC1100 Boot Kit. The DC motor control shield is capable to drive two uni-directional DC motors (half bridge configuration) or one bi-directional DC motor (H-Bridge configuration).
The implemented integrated BTN8982TA NovalithIC™ half bridges can be controlled by a PWM via the IN Pin. Interfacing to a microcontroller is made easy by the integrated driver IC which features logic level inputs, diagnosis with current sense, slew rate adjustment, dead time generation and protection against overtemperature, undervoltage, overcurrent and short circuit.
- Brushed DC motor control up to 250W continuous load
- 8–18V nominal input voltage (max. 6–40V)
- Average motor current 30A restricted due to PCB (BTN8982 current limitation @ 55A min.)