The MCP73113 OVP Single-Cell Li-Ion Battery Charger Evaluation Board demonstrates the features of Microchip’s MCP73113 “Single-Cell Li-Ion / Li-Polymer Battery Charge Management Controller with Input Overvoltage Protection”.
The MCP73113 product family is highly integrated linear charge management controllers for single-cell Li-Ion and Li-Polymer batteries. The MCP73113 product family operates with minimum external components, which is ideal for use in space-limited and cost-effective applications. The input over voltage protection and battery short circuit protection offer designers a secondary protection in addition to the Li-Ion battery protection circuit.
Applications: Low-Cost Li-Ion/Li-Poly. Battery Chargers, MP3 Players, Digital Still Camera, Portable Media Players, Handheld Devices, Bluetooth Headsets, USB Chargers
- 6.5V Input Overvoltage Protection
- 10% Preconditioning of deeply depleted cells
- 32-Minute Preconditioning Timer
- 6-Hour Safety Timer
- 10% Automatic Charge Termination
- 500 mA and 1000 mA Preset Fast Charge Current
- Automatic Recharge
- Thermal Regulation
- One Blue LED indicates charge status
- Small DFN packages with Exposed Pad as additional heat sink
- MCP73113 OVP Single-Cell Li-Ion Battery Charger Evaluation Board, 102-00260
- Important Information Sheet