EXPLORE-NFC-WW add-on board gives full Near Field Communications functionality to Raspberry Pi. This easy to use add-on board includes everything needed to get started with RFID on your Raspberry Pi Model A, B, and B . EXPLORE-NFC features three operation modes: Reader, Peer to Peer and Card Emulation modes. The board features an integrated high performance antenna and offers a flexible SPI interface.
- High performance full NFC compliant expansion board for the Raspberry Pi®
- Based on NXP PN512 full NFC forum compliant solution, and meets compliance with all 3 NFC modes (Reader, P2P and Card Emulation)
- Reader mode supports 4 NFC tag types and NXP MIFARE proprietary commands
- Software available at www.element14.com/exploreNFC
- Flexible interface selection (SPI or I²C), software currently supports SPI
- Integrated high performance antenna
- Complete with MIFARE RFID card
- EXPLORE NFC Board
1. Connect the EXPLORE-NFC board.
Caution: Please take care to connect the extension-board in the right way.
2. Put the SD card into the card reader of the Raspberry Pi.
3. Connect the Raspberry Pi to a Monitor.
4. Connect the Keyboard and the Mouse to the USB ports of the Raspberry Pi.
5. Connect the USB power adapter to the Raspberry Pi and plug it into a socket.
Please wait until the Raspberry Pi is booted and the login screen appears.
sudo raspi-config .
The option to activate SPI can be found as follows:
Now reboot your Raspberry Pi by typing the following command:
sudo reboot .