The ATSAM4C-EK kit lets designers quickly evaluate and develop code for smart energy applications built around two high performance 32-bit ARM®Cortex®-M4 RISC processors. The SAM4C Evalution Kits is ideal for fast getting started using the Atmel Dual Cortex M4 architecture. It allows evaluating the performances and low-power mode, anti-tampering and Cryptographic functions. The board is equipped with extenstion connectors such as Atmel RF Transceivers.
The SAM4C16C and SAM4C8C microcontrollers are system-on-chip solutions for smart energy applications, built around two high-performance 32-bit ARM Cortex-M4 RISC processors. These devices operate at a maximum speed of 120 MHz and feature up to 1 Mbyte of embedded Flash, 152 Kbytes of SRAM and on-chip cache for each core.
The dual ARM Cortex-M4 architecture allows for integration of application layer, communications layers and security functions in a single device, with the ability to extend program and data memory via a 16-bit external bus interface. The peripheral set includes an advanced cryptographic engine, two anti-tamper pins with time-stamping function, floating point unit (FPU), five USARTs, two UARTs, two TWIs, up to seven SPIs, as well as a PWM timer, two 3-channel generalpurpose 16-bit timers, temperature compensable low-power RTC running on backup area down to 0.5 μA, and a 50 x 6 segmented LCD controller.
The SAM4C series is a scalable platform providing, alongside Atmel's industry leading SAM4 standard microcontrollers, unprecedented cost structure, performance and flexibility to smart meter designers worldwide.
- Smart Energy
- Electricity Meters
- Gas and Water Meters
- SAM4C16C chip LQFP100 package
- 8 MHz Crystal
- 32.768 kHz Crystal
- Coin-cell Backup Battery
- Segment LCD (6 x 50)
- Mechanical Push Button for Anti-Tampering Emulation
- Programming and debugging (target) through the JTAG/SWD port
- Communication Interface
- RS-232, RS-485
- Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) Extension Connector
- RF/Zigbee(RZ600 & Xplain PRO REB233-XPRO Connector)
- Serial Memories
- Atmel ATSHA204 Crypto Memory
- Adesto AT25DF321A or AT45DB321
- Atmel AT30TS75 Temperatire Sensor
- Power supply for demo board
- DC 5V power input
- Powered inputPower Consumption Test Points
- One SAM4C Evaluation Kit Board (EK)
- Power Supply
- One universal input AC/DC power supply with US, Europe and UK plug adapters
- One 3V Lithium Battery type CR1225
- One serial RS232 cable
- One micro A/B-type USB cable
- Welcome letter