The Embedded Ethernet Development Kit provides hardware and software to develop real-world embedded Ethernet applications using Silicon Labs' CP220x Ethernet Controller and high-performance microcontrollers.
The C8051F120 Target Board includes Silicon Labs’ 8051-based C8051F120 MCU which combines a high throughput 100 MIPS core with 128 kB Flash and 8 kB RAM. The MCU is connected to an Ethernet network using the AB4 Ethernet Development Board, which consists of the Silicon Labs CP2200 Ethernet controller and an RJ-45 connector with integrated magnetics and LEDs. The AB4 Ethernet development board includes a Silicon Labs CP2200 Ethernet controller chip and an RJ-45 connector with integrated magnetics and LEDs.
The Embedded Ethernet Development Kit (Ethernet-DK) provides all the hardware and software required to develop real-world embedded Ethernet applications using the industry proven CMX Micronet™ protocol stack and high-performance Silicon Laboratories microcontrollers. The TCP/IP protocol stack is developed specifically for embedded processors and is freely distributed in an easy-to-use library. A TCP/IP Configuration Wizard is provided to generate a highly customized library optimized for user selected protocols. It also generates the framework code required to use the library and a project file that can be managed in the Silicon Laboratories Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
Features of CP220x Ethernet Controller ICs:
- IEEE 802.3 MAC and 10 BASE-T PHY
- Fully compatible with 100/1000 BASE-T
- Full/Half duplex with auto-negotiation
- Automatic polarity detection and correction
- Hardware diagnostic software
- C8051F120 Target Board
- AB4 Ethernet Development Board
- CAT5e Ethernet Cable
- Silicon Laboratories Evaluation Kit IDE and Product Information CD-ROM. CD content includes the following:
- Silicon Laboratories Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Keil C51 Evaluation Toolchain (assembler, linker and C compiler with 4 kB object code generation and unlimited library code usage)
- Source code examples and register definition files
- TCP/IP Configuration Wizard
- Embedded Ethernet Development Kit User’s Guide (this document)
- Universal (100–240 V, 50–60 Hz) AC to DC Power Adapter
- USB Debug Adapter (USB to JTAG/C2 Debug Interface)
- USB Cable
- Serial Cable