The EFM32GG-DK3750 Development Kit provides a complete solution for testing advanced, energy efficient applications using the EFM32™ Giant Gecko ARM® Cortex™-M3 32-bit MCU. From Simplicity Studio you get full access to the kit information and can program the kit with the demos and code examples available for the Giant Gecko. The rich feature set makes the kit an excellent platform for evaluating the Giant Gecko microcontroller, as well as a good starting point for application development.
EFM32™ Giant Gecko ARM® Cortex®-M3 based 32-bit microcontrollers (MCUs) provide flash memory configurations up to 1024 kB, 128 kB of RAM and CPU speeds up to 48 MHz, making them ideal for energy sensitive applications with high memory and connectivity requirements. The Giant Gecko MCUs are available in packages down to 7x7 mm, as well as full wafer options, and feature autonomous, low energy peripherals, including AES encryption, pulse counter, low energy UARTs, a low energy sensor interface and on-chip operational amplifiers.
The USB connectivity option is USB 2.0 compliant at full speed (12 Mbps), integrating 2 kB endpoint buffers and handling up to 14 endpoints. The Giant Gecko MCUs provide support for USB host, device and on-the-go configurations, as well as bootloader over USB.
Applications: Gas metering, Energy metering, Smart metering, Alarm and security systems, Health and fitness applications, Industrial and home automation.
- EFM32GG990F1024 MCU with 1 MB flash and 128 kB SRAM
- Built-in SEGGER J-Link J-Trace
- Advanced Energy Monitoring
- Real-time, accurate energy and power profiling
- 320x240 resistive touch color TFT display
- 10/100 Mbit/s SPI based MAC/PHY
- User interface
- 5 way joystick
- 4 user buttons, 4-bit DIP switch and 16 user LEDs
- Large EXP32 prototyping module
- Temperature sensor with I2C interface
- Supported by Simplicity Studio
- 3 separate boards:
- (1) BRD3201A EFM32 Development Kit Motherboard
- (1) BRD3600A EFM32 Giant Gecko MCU plugin board
- (1) BRD3500B EXP32 prototyping board
- IAR Embedded Workbench ARM Kickstart version CD/DVD
- Atollic TrueSTUDIO for ARM CD
- USB cables