The Demonstration circuit 851 (DC851A-K) supports LTC2291, Dual 12-Bit, 25Msps Low Power 3V ADC. It features the LTC2291 high speed, high dynamic range ADC.The circuitry on the analog inputs is optimized for analog input frequencies range from 1MHz to 70MHz.
The LTC2291 is a 12-bit 25Msps, low power dual 3V A/D converters designed for digitizing high frequency, wide dynamic range signals. The LTC2291 is a perfect for demanding imaging and communications applications with AC performance that includes 71.3dB SNR and905dB SFDR for signals at the Nyquist frequency.
DC specs include ±0.3LSB INL (typ), ±0.15LSB DNL (typ) and no missing codes over temperature. The transition noise is a low 0.25LSBRMS.
A single 3V supply allows low power operation. A separate output supply allows the outputs to drive 0.5V to 3.6V logic. An optional multiplexer allows both channels to share a digital output bus.
A single-ended CLK input controls converter operation. An optional clock duty cycle stabilizer allows high performance at full speed for a wide range of clock duty cycles.
Note: The DC851 demonstration circuit board should have the following jumper settings as default: JP1: Mode: Vdd. 2s complement, Clock duty stabilizer, off, JP2: Sense A: Vdd, (2V P-P input range), JP3: Sense B: Vdd, (2V P-P input range)
Key Applications: Wireless and Wired Broadband Communication, Imaging Systems, Spectral Analysis, Portable Instrumentation.
Key features for LTC2291:
- Integrated Dual 12-Bit ADCs
- Sample Rate: 25Msps
- Single 3V Supply (2.7V to 3.4V)
- Low Power: 150mW
- 71.3dB SNR
- 90dB SFDR
- 110dB Channel Isolation at 100MHz
- Multiplexed or Separate Data Bus
- Flexible Input: 1VP-P to 2VP-P Range
- 575MHz Full Power Bandwidth S/H
- Clock Duty Cycle Stabilizer
- Shutdown and Nap Modes
- Pin Compatible Family
- 105Msps: LTC2282 (12-Bit), LTC2284 (14-Bit)
- 80Msps: LTC2294 (12-Bit), LTC2299 (14-Bit)
- 65Msps: LTC2293 (12-Bit), LTC2298 (14-Bit)
- 40Msps: LTC2292 (12-Bit), LTC2297 (14-Bit)
- 25Msps: LTC2291 (12-Bit), LTC2296 (14-Bit)
- 10Msps: LTC2290 (12-Bit), LTC2295 (14-Bit)
- DC851A-K Demo Board