The MCP73X23 Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery Charger Evaluation Board demonstrates the features of Microchip’s MCP73123 and MCP73223 Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) Battery Charge Management Controller with Input Overvoltage Protection.
The Evaluation Board is designed with two independent circuits. The MCP73123 is designed to charge a single-cell LiFePO4 battery, while the MCP73223 charges a dual-cell LiFePO4 battery. Both circuits offer two different fast charging currents. The default value of fast charging current is 500 mA and when PROG via is tie to ground, the two parallel resistors output 1000 mA fast charging current to a battery pack. One blue LED status output allows user to learn if the MCP73123/223 is in charging state or not.
The Evaluation Board comes with installed MCP73123 and MCP73223 devices in 3mmx3mm DFN packages. The factory preset battery regulation voltage is 3.6V for the MCP73123 and 7.2V for the MCP73223 with 10% precondition current, 10% termination current set point, automatic recharge and 6.5V over voltage protection threshold voltage.
Applications: Low-Cost LiFePO4 Battery Chargers, Power Tools, Toys, Backup Energy Storage Solutions
- Input Over Voltage Protection:
- 6.5V for the MCP73123
- 13V for the MCP73223
- Charge Regulation Voltage:
- 3.6V for the MCP73123
- 7.2V for the MCP73223
- 10% Preconditioning of Deeply Depleted Cells
- 32-Minute Preconditioning Timer
- 6-Hour Safety Timer
- 10% Automatic Charge Termination
- 500 mA and 1000 mA Preset Fast Charge Current
- Automatic Recharge
- Thermal Regulation
- One Blue LED Charge Status Indicator For Each Circuit
- Pre-installed MCP73123 and MCP73223 Devices
- MCP73X23 Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery Charger Evaluation Board
- Important Information Sheet