The MCP3551 Delta-Sigma ADC Demo Board is designed to demonstrate Microchip Technology’s MCP3551 22-Bit Delta-Sigma Analog-to-Digital (ADC) Converter performance using DataView™ software installed on a PC. The demo board can be used with MPLAB® ICD2, PICkit™ 1 Flash Starter Kit, or PICkit™ 2 for developing demonstration/evaluation firmware. Optionally, a second installed MCP3551 can be used with and optional stimulus board (sold separately).
The board is designed to evaluate the MCP3551 with minimum Printed Circuit Board (PCB) noise. The PCB layout practices low-noise design to reduce the signal noise as much as possible in order to demonstrate the 22-Bit performance of the MCP3551.
Applications: Weigh Scales, Direct Temperature Measurement, 6-digit DVMs, Instrumentation, Data Acquisition, Strain Gauge Measurement
- Three precision potentiometers for demonstrating the capabilities of the MCP3551
- On-board PIC18F4550 with USB for DataView communication
- USB interface for connecting to a PC
- Dataview™ software with easy-to-read format and data logging
- Three headers/connectors for programming the PICmicro® using any of the following:
- PICkit™1 Flash Starter Kit
- MPLAB® ICD2 (debugger and programmer)
- One MCP3551 PICtail™ Demo Board
- DataView software for viewing the performance of the MCP3551
- MCP3550/1/3 Data Sheet (electronic version on CD)
- MCP3551 PICtail Demo Board User’s Guide (electronic version on CD)