Terms and Conditions
Updated January 19, 2015
1. This free giveaway is run:
· In London by Premier Farnell plc; and
· In San Francisco by Newark Corporation on behalf of Premier Farnell plc
‘Premier Farnell’ or we (including our or us) on the following terms and conditions.
2. This promotion is run on these terms and conditions (T&Cs). We reserve the right to change these T&Cs from time to time and amended T&Cs will be posted on this page.
3. The giveaways will be available in San Francisco on the dates and between the times posted in the blog post. The promotions run in London and San Francisco are separate promotions with separate pools of giveaways on offer and each one is a ‘promotion’. London and San Francisco are each referred to as a ‘Location’ in these T&Cs.
4. People who are:
a. below the age of 18 years;
b. a public sector employee;
c. an employee of Premier Farnell, any company in the Premier Farnell group of companies or any agency representing Premier Farnell
are not eligible to participate in either promotion. Premier Farnell has no liability in respect of any person in any of the groups in a to c above who does so.
5. The giveaways (each one a ‘Gift’) on offer under each promotion are 100 Raspberry Pi 2 (with an approximate retail value of USD$35 (a ‘Pi). There is more information on the Pi at www.element14.com/raspberrypi2. Odds of winning will vary based on participation.
Each Gift is non-negotiable and non-refundable and no cash alternative will be offered. Premier Farnell reserves the right to replace any Gift with other goods of similar or greater value as Premier Farnell sees fit in its sole discretion. There is no right to any refund in respect of any Gift returned.
6. Gifts can be claimed from the Raspberry Picycle on the dates, during the times and in the cities posted. There are no pre-conditions to claiming a Gift save as set out in these T&Cs.
No purchase is necessary to claim a Gift.
7. Premier Farnell reserves the right to verify the eligibility of anyone claiming a Gift. If Premier Farnell suspects fraud or misconduct or any breach of these T&Cs, Premier Farnell reserves the right to refuse or re-claim a Gift.
8. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend these T&Cs or extend the period of participation in our sole discretion. Premier Farnell will not be liable for any such withdrawal or change.
9. Anyone receiving a Gift will be responsible for any applicable taxes, duties or other charges payable in relation to this promotion or the Gift.
10. You may not claim a Gift if, by doing so, you may cause Premier Farnell and/or you to be in breach of any agreement (including but not limited to any contract of employment) to which you are a party or in breach of any duty, law, regulation or rule having the force of law to which you or Premier Farnell may be subject. It is your responsibility to get any consents or permissions necessary for you to claim or take a Gift.
11. The Pi (or any replacement Gift) is not supplied with the benefit of any warranties from Premier Farnell and is only supplied with the benefit of any warranty which may be provided by the manufacturer of the relevant item. All further warranties or representations are hereby expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted at law. Without limiting the generality of this exclusion, Premier Farnell hereby excludes all and any liability arising out of the promotions or the acceptance, use, quality condition, suitability or performance of the Gift, even where that liability arises from Premier Farnell’s negligence (to the extent that it is lawful for Premier Farnell to do so).
12. When required by law, Premier Farnell does not exclude liability for death, personal injury arising or damage to property from its negligence, for breach of Part II of the Consumer Protection Act 1987, for breach of any applicable law or for fraud or for any matter in relation to which it would be illegal for Premier Farnell to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
13. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with either promotion or its subject matter shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and you irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this prize draw.
14. Please address any queries relating to this prize draw to email@example.com. Winners will be announced via @element14 twitter feed on the day.