The Raspberry Pi 2 Model B is a credit card sized computer that plugs into your TV and a keyboard, its like a little PC which can be used for many of the things that your desktop PC does, like spreadsheets, word processing and games.
The design is based around a Broadcom BCM2836 ARMv7 Quad Core Processor running at 900MHz. The board comes with 1GB RAM so you can now run bigger and more powerful applications. The board is capable of streaming Hi-definition video output at 1080P. You can now provide up to 1.2 AMP to the USB port – enabling you to connect more power hungry USB devices directly to the Raspberry PI (This feature requires a 2Amp micro USB Power Supply).
It has identical board layout and footprint as the Model B, so all cases and 3rd party add-on boards designed for the Model B will be fully compatible. 40pin extended GPIO to enhance your “real world” projects, GPIO is 100 percent compatible with the Model B and A boards, First 26 pins are identical to the Model A and Model B boards to provide full backward compatibility across all boards.
Key Applications:Hobby and Hardware Hacking, Imaging, Video and Vision, Consumer Electronics, Industrial, Communications and Networking
- Broadcom BCM2836 ARMv7 Quad Core Processor powered Single Board Computer running at 900MHz
- RAM: 1GB SDRAM at 450 MHz
- 40pin extended GPIO
- 4 x USB 2 ports
- 4 pole Stereo output and Composite video port
- HDMI video output and RCA video output
- Fully HAT compatible
- CSI camera port for connecting the Raspberry Pi camera
- DSI display port for connecting the Raspberry Pi touch screen display
- Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
- Micro USB power source
- 10/100 Ethernet Port
- Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Board