LPCXpresso is a low-cost development tool platform that provides a quick way to develop advanced applications using NXP’s highly efficient and low-power LPC microcontrollers.
New generation of LPCXpresso V3 MCU platform boards
This new generation of robust LPCXpresso boards feature additional expansion ports, onboard LEDs and switches make these an ideal choice for your next your project.
- Debug the on-board MCU or an external target with on-board high-speed USB based debug probe supporting CMSIS-DAP, SEGGER J-link and Redlink protocols.
- External debug probe option
- Tri-color LED, target Reset, ISP & WAKE buttons for easy testing of software functionality
- Expansion options based on Arduino UNO and Pmod™, plus additional expansion port pins
- UART, I²C and SPI port bridging from target MCU to USB via the on-board debug probe
- FTDI UART connector
- 8Mb Macronix QSPI flash
- On-board Ethernet PHY
- Fully supported by LPCXpresso IDE, GNU C/C toolchain and popular tools from Keil, IAR, Atollic and Rowley
- Free LPCOpen drivers and examples
Discover the difference with LPC ARM microcontrollers
LPC microcontrollers offer one of the world's broadest selections of ARM-based 32-bit microcontrollers with best-in-class features, performance, and power efficiency to get you to market faster, increase design flexibility, and lower overall system cost. “S” models include security features like an AES encryption engine for applications that are subject to tampering.
- Communication hubs
- Consumer and computing products
- Building automation, industrial control, and energy-efficient smart appliances with UI
- Automotive accessories
- Medical devices
LPC4300 Microcontrollers- ARM Cortex-M4F and Cortex-M0 coprocessor core ideal for:
- High-throughput applications requiring fast data-handling peripherals
- High-speed digital and/or analog data acquisition
- Smart meters, embedded audio, industrial automation, industrial control, telematics, white goods, power management, point-of sale devices, medical devices, and automotive accessories
Security features for protecting data communications & application code LPC ARM microcontroller models designated with “S” have security features ideal for applications where data transfer and system code must be secure like private data transfer over public networks and internet of things applications.
- Hardware-accelerated AES-128 encryption engine for fast bulk encryption
- Encrypted and hardware-randomized AES keys stored in two 128-bit non-volatile OTP memories prevents cloning
- True random number generator for unique key creation
- Boot ROM drivers supporting secure boot of authenticated, encrypted firmware image
- Code read protection (CRP) prevents unauthorized access to internal Flash
LPCXpresso IDE The LPCXpresso IDE is a comprehensive, highly-integrated Eclipse-based IDE software development toolchain with many enhancements to simplify development with Cortex-M based LPC microcontrollers. The LPCXpresso IDE also integrates an ever-growing set of specialist tools such as pin mux configuration and state configurable time (SCT) for developers to reduce development time.
- Complete C/C integrated development environment for Windows, MacOS and Linux
- Industry-standard GNU toolchain with many Eclipse plugins available and supported
- Fully featured debugger supporting JTAG and SWD interfaces
- Standard Newlib and optimized, small-footprint embedded C library unique to LPCXpresso
- Cortex Microcontroller Software Interface Standard (CMSIS) libraries and source code
- Device-specific support for LPC Cortex-M-, ARM7-, and ARM9-based MCUs
- No assembler required with Cortex-M based MCUs
- Available in free and Pro versions
LPCOpen software and drivers support
LPCOpen is a free of charge, extensive collection of software libraries (drivers and middleware) and example programs that enable developers to create multifunctional products based on LPC microcontrollers.
- Access to key middleware elements like graphics object libraries, networking stacks and USB
- Extensive set of examples to illustrate core driver library functions and middleware like I²C, UART, SPI, and GPIO interfaces, USB, Ethernet and graphics libraries.
- LPCOpen libraries are RTOS agnostic and can be used with a simple control loop. Examples are also included in each software download package for use with FreeRTOS.
Expand capabilities and functionality with add-on boards already available
Building on the Xpresso platform with additional capabilities, the LPCXpresso V3 series boards are compatible with most Arduino UNO R3 boards, offering a wide range of choices for prototyping and building proof of concept designs.
The LPC General Purpose Shield Board offers easy
access to several commonly used peripherals to a
range of LPCXpresso V2, V3 and MAX boards.
SDKPac™ available for the NXP LPCXpresso platform –
SDKs and Toolkits to fit a wide range of embedded
applications and vertical markets including:
- IoT connect-to-cloud
- Embedded servers and clients
- Secure file transfer protocols
- Encrypted file system
- Safe software install and loader
>> Learn more about Cypherbridge Systems
GS2100M SDIO Wi-Fi Adapter Board
The SDIO Wi-Fi Adapter Board is a GS2100MIP Wi-Fi module based hardware adapter board that can be interfaced to the SDIO interface of the LPCXpresso Platform Board. The Wi-Fi Adapter Board provides the means to evaluate the capabilities of GainSpan’s low-power GS2100MIP Wi-Fi modules and Serial-to-Wi-Fi embedded software, and develop software for MCU host-based Wi-Fi enabled devices.