- High-level language for scientific and engineering computing
- Develop algorithms in a desktop environment tuned for iterative exploration, design, and problem-solving
- Analyze and visualize sensor data from Arduino, Raspberry Pi and other hardware boards
- Develop algorithms and model hierarchical subsystems in a drag and drop, block diagram environment
- Simulate the dynamic behavior of your system and view results as the simulation runs
- Prototype, test, and run your algorithms on different hardware boards
- 10 add-on products for math, statistics, and optimization; controls; signal and image processing; and test and measurement
- MATLAB Mobile lets you access MATLAB from your mobile device and acquire sensor data from them.
MATLAB - high-level language and interactive environment that solves numerical problems .It is used for machine learning, signal processing, image processing, computer vision, communications, computational finance, control design, robotics, and much more. Use it to capture and analyze sensor data by communicating with popular hardware platforms like Arduino, Raspberry Pi and more.
Simulink - block diagram environment for simulation and Model-Based Design. Use it to model, simulate and analyze your project then program your favorite hardware including Arduino, Raspberry Pi or other popular boards with just a click of a button.
The student suite includes MATLAB, Simulink and 10 add-on products in areas such as control systems, data acquisition and instrument control, DSP system design, image processing, optimization, signal processing, statistics and machine learning, and symbolic math. Hardware Support Packages for Arduino, Raspberry Pi and other hardware are freely available.
MATLAB and Simulink Student Suite includes the following toolboxes:
- Control System Toolbox
- Optimization Toolbox
- Signal Processing Toolbox
- Simulink Control Design
- Statistics and Machine Learning Toolbox
- Symbolic Math Toolbox
- Data Acquisition Toolbox
- DSP System Toolbox
- Image Processing Toolbox
- Instrument Control Toolbox
Note: Student software is for use by students on student-owned hardware to meet course requirements and perform academic research at degree-granting institutions only. It is not available for government, commercial, or other organizational use.