- KV31F512VLL12 MCU (ARM® Cortex®M4 120 MHz, 512 KB flash, 96 KB SRAM, 2x 16-bit ADCs, 4x FlexTimers/PWM up to 20-ch. with quadrature decoder dedicated to motor and power control and 2x 12-bit DACs, 100 LQFP)
- Six-axis sensor combining accelerometer and magnetometer (FXOS8700CQ)
- Tri-color user-controllerable LEDs
- Two (2) user push-button switches for NMI interrupts and LLWU wake up (SW2/SW3)
- Thermistor sensor to measuring temperature
- Power selectable 3.3 V/1.8 V
- Motor control auxiliary connector
- Form factor compatible with Arduino™ R3 pin layout
- Flexible power supply options – USB or external source
- New, OpenSDA debug interface
- Mass storage device flash programming interface (default) – no tool installation required to evaluate demo apps
- MBED Debug interface provides run-control debugging and compatibility with IDE tools
- CMSIS-DAP interface: new ARM standard for embedded debug interface
The FRDM-KV31F is a low-cost development tool for the Kinetis V series KV3x MCU family built on the ARM® Cortex®-M4 processor. The FRDM-KV31F hardware is form-factor compatible with the Arduino™ R3 pin layout, providing a broad range of expansion board options, including FRDM-MC-LVPMSM and FRDM-MC-LVBLDC for permanent magnet and brushless DC motor control.
The FRDM-KV31F platform features OpenSDA, the NXP open source hardware embedded serial and debug adapter running an open source bootloader. This circuit offers several options for serial communication, flash programming, and run-control debugging. The FRDM-KV31F is supported by a range of NXP and third-party development software.