The evaluation module provides a complete high bandwidth platform to evaluate the SDI/UHD and 10 GbE signal conditioning features of the Texas Instruments LMH1218 UHD Cable Driver with Integrated Reclocker. The can be used for standard compliance testing, performance evaluation, and initial system prototyping.
The SMA and BNC edge launch connectors used for the will interface to multiple system connector types via commercially available breakout cables, adaptors, and boards (not included). This flexible connectivity enables integrated system level testing between TI’s 12G SDI Cable Driver with Reclocker and 3rd party ASIC/FPGA host boards. A graphical user interface can be used to manage LMH1218 device registers.
- UHDTV/4K/8K/HDTV/SDTV Video
- Digital Video Routers and Switches
- Digital Video Processing and Editing
- Distribution Amplifiers
- Locks to standard SDI (2.97 Gbps, 1.485 Gbps, or divide-by-1.001 sub-rates), DVB-ASI (270 Mbps), ST-2081 (5.94 Gbps proposed), ST-2082 (11.88 Gbps proposed), and 10 GbE data rates
- Integrated 2:1 50 ? mux on input and 1:2 fan-out (one 75 ? and one 50 ?) output drivers with de-emphasis supporting dual media (coax and fiber)
- Single supply operation, VDD = 2.5V ± 5%
- GUI platform to support fast bring-up during product development
- Evaluation Module