The Grid-EYE Infrared (IR) Array sensor evaluation kit combines Panasonic’s industry leading Grid-EYE sensor, its “nanopower” PAN1740 Bluetooth Smart module and a microcontroller on one PCB. By combining its new IR sensor technology with Bluetooth technology it enables engineers to design and develop wireless sensor prototypes quickly.
The Grid-EYE sensor module includes an 8x8 IR pixel matrix. This matrix is capable of measuring temperatures ten times per second over a wide temperature range (-20C to 100C) Communicating with the evaluation kit is achieved wirelessly using the built in Bluetooth module or via a wired USB link. The kit can function as a standalone device or it can also be connected to an Arduino platform.
- Dual purpose Evaluation board with Independent and Arduino modes
- GridEYE sensor – sensor on the board with wider temperature range (-20 to 100 deg C) and 3.3V operation.
- Jumper selectable for the 2 modes of operation
- Arduino headers (for DUE or similar)
- Bootloader accessible via a pin header
- Data display interface to PC & smartphone (Android & iphone) via USB or BT
- Temperature values can be observed on the LabVIEW (8 x 8) matrix window
- Reset switches for both the board & Bluetooth
- Firmware/app loaded via JTAG header or USB port
- Evaluation board