The Intel® Edison Module is a tiny, SD-card-sized computing chip designed for building Internet of Things (IoT) and wearable computing products. The Edison module contains a high-speed, dual-core processing unit, integrated Wi-Fi*, Bluetooth* low energy, storage and memory, and a broad spectrum of input/output (I/O) options for interfacing with user systems. Because of its small footprint and low power consumption, the Edison module is an ideal choice for projects that need a lot of processing power without being connected to a power supply.
The Edison module is meant to be embedded in devices or development boards for connectivity and power options. To get started, Intel® provides the Intel® Edison Kit for Arduino* and Intel® Edison Breakout Board Kit*, which you can use for rapid prototyping.
- Exposes native 1.8V I/O of the Edison module
- 0.1” grid I/O array of through-hole solder points
- USB OTG with USB Micro Type-AB connector
- USB OTG power switch
- Battery charger
- USB to device UART bridge with USB Micro Type-B connector
- DC power supply jack (7V – 15V DC input)
- Breakout Board