The ECAD-MCAD Design Suite is 1 year of Fusion360TM by Autodesk EAGLE Pro from CadSoft Computer, and EAGLE’s IDF-to-3D service integrated together to provide innovative designers a single, cohesive solution which greatly simplifies the design workflow.
Autodesk® Fusion 360™
Fusion 360 is the world’s first cloud-enabled 3D design software. It brings together CAD, CAM, and CAE, connecting the entire product development process in a single cloud-based tool. It’s an integrated, connected, and accessible platform built for the new ways products are being designed and made. It features the capability to:
- Iterate on design, explore form - Quickly iterate on design ideas and use sculpting and modeling tools to explore form and finishes.
- Engineer your design with integrated simulation - Once you have settled on your design you can engineer your design, creating assemblies to validate fit and motion and photorealistic renderings and animations to verify the appearance.
- Fabricate your design - Use the 3D print workflows to create a rapid prototype or the CAM workspace to create toolpaths to machine your components.
- Collaborate & manage - Fusion 360 brings design teams together for collaborative product development including the capability to send your rendered STEP file Design directly to Fusion360.
IDF-to-3D Conversion Tool
Simplified Solutions IDF-TO-3D allows Electrical Designers and Engineers the ability to create accurate 3D PCB Geometry. No software is necessary as IDF-TO-3D runs on Internet Explorer 7, 8, or 9, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari. It features:
- Capability for EAGLE to export directly to the IDF-to-3D conversion online system.
- On average, 60% of the components accurately mapped to the appropriate STEP Model.
- Thousands of board based STEP models available.
EAGLE Professional from CadSoft Computer
EAGLE, the Easy Applicable Graphical Layout Editor is a powerful PCB design software tailored to meet the needs of professional engineers, makers and those at school. For more than 25 years, EAGLE has been the PCB design tool of choice for hundreds of thousands of electronic design engineers and developers worldwide. With a large and active engineering and support community and an extensive ecosystem, EAGLE offers much more than pure circuit design. It features:
- Support for up to 16 routing layer.
- Almost unlimited board size (150” x 150”).
- Full user controlled Design rule checker to avoid Re-spins.
- Support Windows, Linux and Mac.
- Capable of exporting manufacturing files.
The ECAD-MCAD Design Suite creates a seamless electronic-to-mechanical 3D design flow from within the popular EAGLE PCB software environment. With the help of an IDF-3D visualization tool, a user’s EAGLE STEP files can now be exported directly from EAGLE straight into Fusion 360TM for precise 3D modeling of the circuit board. This offers innovative engineers the ability to:
- Assign STEP models to design components.
- Accurately render and easy export to MCAD applications.
- Collaborate and share designs between Electronic Designers and Mechanical Engineers.
The ECAD-MCAD Design Suite is offered through a software-as-a-service (SaaS) one year subscription model. The subscription is available for use on any machine where your suite is installed. No maintenances fees for support are required and basic support is included.