Customers designing with the C8051F96x ultra low power microcontroller should start with the C8051F960-A-DK MCU development kit. This development kit includes all the boards and accessories needed to start MCU code development.
The C8051F96x MCU card enables application development on the C8051F960 MCU. The card connects to the MCU Card expansion slot on the UDP motherboard and provides complete access to the MCU resources.
Each expansion board has a unique ID that can be read out of an EEPROM or MCU on the board, which enables software tools to recognize the connected hardware and automatically select the appropriate firmware image. The target MCU card can also be detached from the UDP and used alone as a development or demonstration tool.
The C8051F960 MCU Card with Multiplexed LCD includes a 4-mux, 128-segment alphanumeric LCD. The LCD has eight 14-segment characters and includes decimal points and apostrophes. The large display is easy to read from a distance.
Features of C8051F96x:
- Power efficient on-chip dc-dc buck converter
- High-speed pipelined 8051-compatible microcontroller core (up to 25 MIPS)
- In-system, full-speed, non-intrusive debug interface (on-chip)
- True 10-bit 300 ksps, or 12-bit 75 ksps single-ended ADC
- 16 external analog inputs
- 4 internal inputs
- 6-bit programmable current reference
- Precision programmable 24.5 MHz internal oscillator with spread spectrum technology
- 128 kB, 64 kB, 32 kB or 16 kB of on-chip flash memory
- 8448 or 4352 bytes of on-chip RAM
- 128 Segment LCD Driver
- SMBus/I2C, Enhanced UART and two Enhanced SPI serial interfaces implemented in hardware
- Four general-purpose 16-bit timers
- Programmable Counter/Timer Array (PCA) with six capture/compare modules and Watchdog Timer function
- Hardware AES, DMA and Pulse Counter
- On-chip power-on reset, VDD monitor and temperature sensor
- Two on-chip voltage comparators
- 57 or 34 Port I/O
- UDP F960 MCU card with multiplexed LCD
- UDP F960 daughter card (F960 Pico Card)
- USB debug adapter
- Power supply
- Lithium battery (Tadiran TL-2150/S)
- USB cables
- UDP Development Kit Quick Start Guide
- Development Kit CD