The VM801P is a development module for FTDI’s FT801, which is used to develop and demonstrate the functionality of the FT801 Embedded Video Engine, EVE. The VM801P is a stand-alone display system which has a flash based microcontroller on board, thus providing a fully integrated display system ready to go.
The VM801P supports many I/O daughter cards or shields for expanding external interfacing and control. These shields use 1 or 2 Micro-MaTch miniature connectors to interface to the VM801P main module. Users will be able to purchase shields from FTDI Chip in the coming months, or alternatively can build their own shield for specific applications.
- FT801 for graphics, audio and touch processing
- ATMEGA328P system microcontroller operating at 5V/16MHz supporting Arduino libraries
- 5 point Capacitive Touch screen LCD panel
- Backlight LED driver
- Audio power amplifier and micro speaker
- FT232R USB serial port for firmware upgrade
- Micro-SD socket for application storage, including 4GByte SD Card pre-loaded with sample applications
- Battery backed Real Time Clock
- 2x Micro-MaTch miniature connectors for daughter card expansion
- 5V power supply from micro-USB or battery connector
- Precision fitted bezel in black(-BK)