The evaluation board used to evaluate the ADF5355 microwave wideband synthesizer with integrated VCO. This evaluation board requires an SDP Controller board for connection to the PC.
The SDP controller board connects to the PC via USB 2.0. The evaluation board will connect to the SDP controller board. The evaluation board cannot be connected directly to the PC. The evaluation software running on the PC will communicate through the SDP Controller board, to the evaluation board. The SDP Controller board is a separate list item in the ordering guide below (EVAL-SDP-CS1Z). If you have not previously purchased an SDP Controller board, please do so to ensure a full evaluation setup.
The ADF5355 allows implementation of fractional-N or integer-N phase-locked loop (PLL) frequency synthesizers when used with an external loop filter and an external reference frequency. The wideband microwave VCO design permits frequency operation from 6.8 GHz to 13.6 GHz at one radio frequency (RF) output. A series of frequency dividers at another frequency output permits operation from 54 MHz to 6800 MHz.
- Wireless infrastructure (W-CDMA, TD-SCDMA, WiMAX, GSM, PCS, DCS, DECT)
- Point to point/point to multipoint microwave links
- Test equipment/instrumentation
- Clock generation
- Self contained board including
- ADF5355 frequency synthesizer with integrated voltage controlled oscillator (VCO)
- Differential 122.88 MHz temperature controlled crystal oscillator (TCXO),
- loop filter (5 kHz),
- USB interface
- Voltage regulators
- Windows-based software allows control of synthesizer functions from a PC
- Externally powered by 6 V
- Evaluation Board
- USB cable