The STM32F429 Discovery kit (32F429IDISCOVERY) allows users to easily develop applications with the STM32F429 high-performance MCUs with ARM®Cortex®-M4 core.
It includes an ST-LINK/V2 or ST-LINK/V2-B embedded debug tool, a 2.4" QVGA TFT LCD, an external 64-Mbit SDRAM, an ST MEMS gyroscope, a USB OTG micro-AB connector, LEDs and push-buttons.
The STM32F429ZIT6U device is based on the high-performance ARM® Cortex™-M4 32-bit RISC core operating at a frequency of up to 180 MHz The Cortex-M4 core features a Floating point unit (FPU) single precision which supports all ARM single-precision data-processing instructions and data types. It also implements a full set of DSP instructions and a memory protection unit (MPU) which enhances application security.
- STM32F429ZIT6 microcontroller featuring 2 Mbytes of Flash memory, 256 Kbytes of RAM in an LQFP144 package
- On-board ST-LINK/V2 on STM32F429I-DISCO or ST-LINK/V2-B on STM32F429I-DISC1
- mbed™-enabled (mbed.org) with ST-LINK/V2-B only
- USB functions:
- debug port
- virtual COM port with ST-LINK/V2-B only
- mass storage with ST-LINK/2-B only
- Board power supply: through the USB bus or from an external 3 V or 5 V supply voltage
- 2.4" QVGA TFT LCD
- 64-Mbit SDRAM
- L3GD20, ST MEMS motion sensor 3-axis digital output gyroscope
- Six LEDs:
- LD1 (red/green) for USB communication
- LD2 (red) for 3.3 V power-on
- Two user LEDs: LD3 (green), LD4 (red)
- Two USB OTG LEDs: LD5 (green) VBUS and LD6 (red) OC (over-current)
- Two push-buttons (user and reset)
- USB OTG with micro-AB connector
- Extension header for LQFP144 I/Os for a quick connection to the prototyping board and an easy probing
- Comprehensive free software including a variety of examples, part of STM32CubeF4 package or STSW-STM32138 for legacy standard libraries usage