The Designer Systems DS-SCX18.S is an eighteen  channel RC servo driver with advanced servo control features. Specifically targeted at the Arduino UNO board user [all other Arduino boards supported] and the Raspberry-PI the SCX18.S features high speed I2C communication for easy project integration and smooth speed control.
Once connected each servo can be positioned (with speed control), enabled, reversed and soft-started by simply writing a value to an internal register over the connected I2C interface. The SCX18.S caters for the majority of servos by providing a wide pulse width range of 0.50mS to 2.50mS with 8uS per step accuracy and also provides global activation of new servo position, soft-start & movement complete registers for superior control.
The SCX18.S provides dual high power regulators capable of sup-plying 5V @ 3A to the con-nected servos from an external Li-Pol or Ni-MH battery pack of 7.2 to 8.4V and features a disable link to allow the use of low voltage battery packs of 3.6 to 4.8V. The on-board I2C pull-ups are jumper configurable to allow disconnection when connecting to the Raspberry-PI, which has its own pull-ups.
Applications: Robotics, including quadruped, hexapod and octopod robots, process control & sensor manipulation when used in conjunction with standard RC servos.
- Arduino UNO Shield standard form factor for simple integration into any Arduino project.
- I2C interface for simple connection to Arduino or Raspberry-PI.
- Dual on-board 5Volt 3Amp regulators, with heatsinking, for servo power with enable jumpers.
- Sixteen (16) level speed control for each servo.
- I2C address links allow up to four  shields to be used together to provide up to 72 servos.
- Movement complete and soft-start complete status for each servo.
- Global activation control ensures all servos start moving together, important for multi-legged robots.