The Kvaser Ethercan Light HS CAN to Ethernet interface facilitates the adoption of the Internet of Things (IoT) concept within modern manufacturing environments by enabling data from any CAN product or system to be accessed over the Internet, via an Ethernet equipped PC.
The Ethercan Light HS is a fully-equipped interface with a large on-board RAM buffer and full compatibility with J1939, CANopen, NMEA 2000 and DeviceNet. Simple to set up using the standard Kvaser API, in contrast to many of the CAN to Ethernet gateways on the market, this provides a simple, inexpensive one CANchannel to Ethernet interface for Windows-based PCs.
The Kvaser Ethercan Light is a powerful real time Ethernet to CAN interface. With a time stamp precision of 100 microseconds, the Kvaser Ethercan Light handles transmission and reception of standard and extended CAN messages on the bus. The Kvaser Ethercan Light is compatible with applications that use Kvaser’s CANlib.
- High-speed CAN connection (compliant with ISO 11898-2), up to 1 Mbit/s.
- Ethernet connection has auto-MDIX, so it automatically detects and adjusts for Ethernet cable being used.
- Built-in Power over Ethernet (PoE) - receives data and power over the Ethernet cable.
- Also receives power over CAN so the Ethercan can be powered through devices like our T-Cannector v2.
- Small, lightweight plastic housing with galvanic isolation.
- Fully compatible with J1939, CANopen, NMEA 2000R and DeviceNet.
- Includes Ethercan Factory Reset Device. This device provides the ability to reset the Ethercan's IP address to factory defaults at the push of a button.
- Interface Module