The bq76PL455A-Q1 is a highly integrated automotive Li-ion battery management solution that measures the voltages of up to 16 cells connected in series as part of a larger battery stack and reports them via a high speed differential communications link. It provides passive cell balancing outputs with timer. Secondary protection of cells for over or under-voltage conditions is provided by 32 comparators.
The bq76PL455A-Q1 device is an integrated 16-cell battery monitoring and protection device, designed for high-reliability automotive applications. The integrated high-speed, differential, capacitor-isolated communications interface allows up to sixteen bq76PL455A-Q1 devices to communicate with a host via a single high-speed Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter (UART) interface.
- Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicles (EV, HEV, PHEV, Mild Hybrid)
- 48-V Systems (Single-Chip Solution)
- Energy Storage (ESS) and UPS
- E-Bikes, E-Scooters
- 6 to 16 cell monitor and passive balance
- High accuracy voltage sensing
- 8 AUX inputs for temperature and other 0 to 5V sensors
- Isolated daisy-chain communications with excellent EMC/EMI performance and BCI tolerance
- Designed for robust hot-plug performance