The HV9805 230VAC SEPIC Evaluation Board is used to evaluate and demonstrate Microchip Technology Inc.'s HV9805 device in the following topology: The HV9805 230VAC SEPIC Evaluation Board is suited for driving a 125V/100 mA LED load from a 230VAC source.
The Single-ended primary-inductor converter (SEPIC) configuration extends the application range of the HV9805 driver Integrated Circuit (IC) to lower LED load voltages than otherwise possible with the boost configuration. Many features of the boost configuration are retained, such as a true direct current drive of the LED load, high input power factor, high efficiency and simple magnetics.
The HV9805 driver integrated circuit (IC) is targeted at general LED lighting products, such as LED lamps and LED lighting fixtures with a maximum power rating of about 25W at 120VAC and about 50W at 230VAC.
- LED Lamps
- LED Lighting Fixtures
- AC Line Voltage: 230 VRMS ( 15%)
- DC Load Voltage: 125 VDC
- DC Load Current: 100 mADC
- Output Power: 12.5W
- Power Factor (PF): 98.9%
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): 9.6%
- Efficiency: 86.9%
- Output overvoltage protection: Yes
- Electromagnetic Interference (EMI): Satisfies CISPR 15 limits
- THD: Satisfies EN 61000-3-2 Class C limits
- Evaluation Board (ADM00656)
- Information Sheet