The MAXM17514 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested PCB that demonstrates the typical 4A application circuit of the MAXM17514. The device is a fixed-frequency, integrated inductor, step-down power module for low-voltage, low-power applications.
The EV kit provides a 1.5V output voltage from a 2.4V to 5.5V input range and delivers up to 4A output current while achieving greater than 91.2% efficiency. The EV kit operates at 1MHz switching frequency and has superior line and load-transient response. The EV kit also allows the evaluation of other adjustable output voltages from 0.75V to 3.6V by changing resistors R1 and R2.
The MAXM17514 is a fixed-frequency, step-down power module in a thermally-efficient system-in-package (SiP) package that operates from a 2.4V to 5.5V input supply voltage and supports output currents up to 4A. The device includes switch-mode power-supply controller, dual n-channel MOSFET power switches, a fully shielded inductor, as well as compensation components. The device supports 0.75V to 3.6V programmable output voltage. The high level of integration significantly reduces design complexity, manufacturing risks, and offers a true plug-and-play power-supply solution, reducing the time to market.
- ATE Equipment
- Base Station Point-of-Load Regulator
- FPGA and DSP Point-of-Load Regulator
- Industrial Control Equipment
- Medical Equipment
- High Integration Solution/Integrated Shielded Inductor
- 2.4V to 5.5V Input Range
- Configured for 1.5V Output Voltage
- Adjustable Output Voltage Range (0.75V to 3.6V)
- 4A Output Current
- 91.2% Efficiency (VIN = 3.3V, VOUT = 1.5V at 1.5A)
- 1MHz Switching Frequency
- Enable Input
- Power-Good Output Indicator (POK)
- Low-Profile, Surface-Mount Components
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Evaluation Board