The DRV8884 evaluation module (EVM) demonstrates the integrated current sensing capabilities and performance of the DRV8884 integrated circuit from Texas Instruments. The EVM includes the DRV8885 to control a stepper motor, a MSP430F2617 to control the DRV8884 inputs, and a USB to UART to communicate between the GUI and the MSP430F2617.
The DRV8884 device is a stepper motor driver for industrial equipment applications. The device has two N-channel power MOSFET H-bridge drivers, a microstepping indexer, and integrated current sense. The DRV8884 is capable of driving up to 1.0-A full scale or 0.7-A rms output current (depending on proper PCB ground plane for thermal dissipation and at 24 V and TA = 25°C).
- Multi-Function Printers and Scanners
- Laser Beam Printers
- 3D Printers
- Automatic Teller and Money Handling Machines
- Video Security Cameras
- Office Automation Machines
- Factory Automation and Robotics
- Integrated current sense to minimize cost and power
- 8-V to 37-V operating supply voltage range
- Multiple decay modes
- Adjustable current regulation
- User-friendly GUI via MSP430 and USB interface
- DRV8884 evaluation board
- USB cable