- Integrated current sense to minimize cost and power
- 8-V to 37-V operating supply voltage range
- Multiple decay modes
- Adjustable current regulation
- User-friendly GUI via MSP430 and USB interface
The DRV8884 evaluation module (EVM) demonstrates the integrated current sensing capabilities and performance of the DRV8884 integrated circuit from Texas Instruments. The EVM includes the DRV8885 to control a stepper motor, a MSP430F2617 to control the DRV8884 inputs, and a USB to UART to communicate between the GUI and the MSP430F2617.
The DRV8884 device is a stepper motor driver for industrial equipment applications. The device has two N-channel power MOSFET H-bridge drivers, a microstepping indexer, and integrated current sense. The DRV8884 is capable of driving up to 1.0-A full scale or 0.7-A rms output current (depending on proper PCB ground plane for thermal dissipation and at 24 V and TA = 25°C).
- Multi-Function Printers and Scanners
- Laser Beam Printers
- 3D Printers
- Automatic Teller and Money Handling Machines
- Video Security Cameras
- Office Automation Machines
- Factory Automation and Robotics