Honeywell is pleased to announce its new Sensor Evaluation Kit, SEK001, which provides an easier way to demonstrate and evaluate many of Honeywell’s TruStability board mounted pressure sensors. The kit interfaces selected sensors to an Arduino™ Uno Rev3 Microcontroller Board, available from most electronics distributors. Honeywell software, available for free at https://sensing.honeywell.com/sensors/evaluation-kit, controls the Arduino Uno Rev3 board to take readings from the sensor. Sensor measurements are displayed on the user’s PC and can be recorded to a file for further analysis. The Sensor Evaluation Board has sockets to receive TruStability HSC, SSC Series pressure sensors with I2C or SPI digital output, as well as the new TruStability RSC Series high resolution pressure sensors (all sensors are sold separately). The board is then plugged in as a shield board to the user-provided Arduino board. Five jumpers are preconfigured on the board.
Value to Customers
- Quicker, easier TruStability pressure sensor evaluation: While Honeywell TruStability pressure sensors use industry standard I2C and SPI digital interfaces, the Sensor Evaluation Board and associated Honeywell software simplify sensor evaluation and demonstration by eliminating the need for the customer to develop any code before seeing sensor measurements. Note: Only one sensor may be evaluated at a time.
- Remote mounting: In addition to being mounted on the Sensor Evaluation Board, the sensor can also be mounted remotely if, for example, it is to be mounted in an oven for testing or in a prototype product for proof-of-concept testing of the customer’s end product.
- Cost-effective: Provides a cost-effective way to learn about the capabilities of our sensors so customers can make better informed component decisions faster. Customers are then able to perform a more comprehensive evaluation of the sensor without needing to develop additional code.
- Expedites development: As the Sensor Evaluation Kit allows customers to test their product, this helps customers to expedite their development process.
- Uses an industry standard Arduino platform
- Supports TruStability Board Mount Pressure Sensors, HSC, SSC and RSC Series
- Additional evaluation boards for other Honeywell sensors are under development
- Sensor demonstration
- Sensor testing and evaluation
- Proof-of-concept testing