The Honeywell Transportation Attitude Reference Sensor, TARS Series inertial measurement unit (IMU) is a packaged sensor array designed to report vehicle angular rate, acceleration, and inclination for demanding applications in industries such as heavy duty, off-highway transportation.
TARS-IMU enables autonomous vehicle characteristics and enhanced efficiency and productivity by reporting key data required to automate and monitor movements of vehicle systems and components. The sensor fusion algorithm can be customized for specific vehicle applications through onboard firmware, allowing movement data to be filtered for extraneous environment and vehicle movements.
The TARS Series is flexible by providing on-board firmware that can tailor TARS-IMU to the specific vehicle and application. It is durable with top-of-the-line sealing (IP67, IP69K) to withstand most heavy duty applications. TARS-IMU is convenient as it can be pre-configured at the Honeywell factory for immediate installation out of the box, or it can be delivered with customizable firmware that allows manufacturers to use a single part number across vehicles and applications.
- High performance IMU reports vehicle angular rate, acceleration and inclination (6 degrees of freedom)
- Reggedized design for the most demanding applications and environments (IP67, IP69K certified)
- CAN J1939 connectivity
- Advanced filtering of raw sensor data to minimize unwanted noise and vibrations, improves positioning accuracy
- Optional metal guard for added protection
- Supports 5 V and 9 V to 36 V vehicle power systems
- Operating temperature of -40 °C to 85 °C [-40 °F to 185 °F]
- Reduced power consumption
- Small form-factor
- Calibrated on aerospace-grade rate tables, providing calibration consistency between units
- Skid Steer
- Wheel Loader
- Boom Lift