CircuitStudio licenses are assigned to a person (email address). It can often be the case then when an engineer leaves or is replaced the license they were using needs to be assigned to a new or replacement engineer and will need to be used on a different computer.
You will be pleased to hear this is a simple process. In a nutshell you (1) request a license transfer and (2) move the software onto a new computer. Here's how it works in more detail.
- Locate your existing license details, either serial number (SN-124567) or activation code (AB12-CD34), along with the license email address.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the license details and contact name / email address for the new user
- An activation email will be received by the new user once the license transfer is complete
- Activate the software (from the email link) ready for use
- Stop using the software on the old computer
- Uninstall the software
- Download and install CircuitStudio on the new computer
- Sign-in using the new users license details
- Click on Activate/ Reactivate button as necessary to complete the license installation
That's it - you are up and running.