Premier Farnell IoT Survey Promotion 2018
Terms and Conditions
1. This Premier Farnell IoT Survey Promotion 2018 (“Promotion”) is run by Premier Farnell UK Limited, 150 Armley Road, Leeds, LS12 2QQ England (hereinafter referred to as the Organiser) on the following terms and conditions (the T&Cs).
2. Premier Farnell trades as Farnell element14 in Europe, Newark element14 in North America, and element14 throughout Asia Pacific (Eluomeng Electronics Co., Ltd in China).
3. By participating in this Promotion, all entrants (“Entrants”) will be deemed to have read, accepted and agreed to be bound by these T&C’s. Entrants are advised to review these T&Cs before entering the Promotion and print and keep safe a copy of the T&C’s. The Organiser reserves the right to revise the T&C’s from time to time. Revised T&C’s will be posted here: https://www.element14.com/community/docs/DOC-90702/l/premier-farnell-iot-survey-2018-terms-and-conditions and it is a condition of participation in the Promotion that Entrants agree to comply with such amendments from time to time.
4. Any Entrant (subject to the T&C’s) from the following countries/areas only may enter this Promotion. Entrants not meeting all of the requirements set out in the T&C’s or not applying from these countries/areas, are excluded from entry: United Kingdom, United States, Germany, France, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Romania, Denmark, Spain, Austria and Switzerland, China (excluding Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau).
5. From September 28, 2018, at 0.01 am GMT until 23.59 pm GMT on November 5, 2018 (the “Promotion Period”), visit https://premierfarnell.getfeedback.com/r/jwluf30m to complete the survey and then answer the question at the end of the survey and complete a registration form. Anyone who completes the survey, answers the question correctly and completes the registration form providing their names, surnames and email addresses will be automatically entered into a pool of Entrants from whom the ten winners will be selected by a random drawing by the Organiser on November 6, 2018, at 10:00 GMT/UTC (see below for details on the random drawing). The pool of Entrants will exclude participants who do not meet the terms and conditions as described in this document. For purposes of determining eligibility, the owner of any email used to enter the Promotion will be determined by who is the authorized account holder of the email address at the time the registration form is received by the Organiser. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet Service Provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain names associated with email addresses.
6. ten winners will be selected by a random drawing by the Organiser on November 6, 2018, at 10:00 GMT/UTC – all Entrants will be allocated a unique number and all numbers will be entered into the online random integer generator https://www.random.org/integers/ to select the winners.
7. The probability of winning a prize in this Promotion depends upon the number of eligible Entrants. The probability of an Entrant winning a prize is the number of prizes divided by the number of eligible Entrants:
Probability = (number of prizes) / (eligible Entrants)
The number of prizes is ten prizes in total (see below for description of prizes)
Eligible Entrants are all survey participants/Entrants excluding:
a) Duplicate and multiple entries/survey submissions by the same Entrant (survey submissions will be scrutinised by email and full name in order to exclude duplicate entries)
b) Entrants who do not wish to enter the Promotion (there is a relevant question in the survey for each participant to make it explicit whether they want to be included in or excluded from the prize draw)
c) Entrants applying from countries/areas that are not eligible for the Promotion (see above, item 4 of this document)
d) Entrants who do not answer the question at the end of the survey correctly
8. No Purchase is necessary or required to enter the Promotion.
9. No responsibility will be accepted for entries which are not received for any reason, including technical error.
10. Every Entrant can participate in the Promotion only once; multiple entries will be ignored and only the first entry by an Entrant will count.
11. Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
12. Employees from public sector companies or officials are excluded from participation.
13. Employees of Organiser or any of its affiliate companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and their family or household members, are not eligible to participate.
14. Ten winning Entrants will be chosen at random via a prize draw. The Organiser’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winning Entrants will be contacted within 48 hours of the end of the Promotion Period.
15. There will be ten prizes in total as a result of this Promotion, and these ten prizes will be one of three described below:
First prize: an iPad Pro (10.5 inch, 64GB, Wi-Fi) for one winner (worth £619 on the 13th of September 2018 on Apple website: https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/buy-ipad/ipad-pro ).
Second prize: a choice between a £250 worth Amazon gift card/voucher (or local currency equivalent) OR a drone of up to the same value (or local currency equivalent). The Amazon Gift card/voucher can be given to each winner as one card/voucher, or as multiple cards/vouchers of the same total value. (e.g. a winner might get a £250 Amazon gift card/voucher or five £50 Amazon gift card/vouchers). Example second prize drone worth £229.99 on the 13th of September 2018 on Amazon website: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Holy-Stone-Quadcopter-Adjustable-Intelligent/dp/B077XSV98N . Second prize will be given to three lucky winners (one drone OR one Amazon voucher for each winner).
Third prize: one £50 worth Premier Farnell voucher (or local currency equivalent) where winners are based in EMEA and APAC countries, hereinafter referred to as Premier Farnell Voucher OR $65 Amazon voucher/gift cards where the winners are based in USA. Third prize will be given to six lucky winners (one Premier Farnell Voucher or one Amazon voucher/gift card each).
The Prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemption or equivalent.
16. Prizes won by Entrants in territories where the British Pound is not the local currency will be awarded an approximate currency amount in their local currency. The approximate currency amounts for each territory have been calculated based on currency exchange rates reported on https://www.xe.com/ on the 13th of September 2018 and are as below:
Prize Value in Local Currency
Country - Currency
United Kingdom - GBP
United States - USD
Germany - EUR
France - EUR
Czech Republic - CZK
Hungary - HUF
Slovakia - EUR
Romania - RON
Denmark - DKK
Spain - EUR
Austria - EUR
Switzerland - CHF
China - CNY
17. The winners of Premier Farnell Vouchers (third prize) will receive their voucher unique codes by email (one voucher code each).
18. Premier Farnell Vouchers will be valid for a single order only, and will be rendered invalid after the order has been placed.
19. Premier Farnell Vouchers will be valid for use until the 01.01.2019.
20. Premier Farnell Vouchers cannot be used on any product on allocation or long lead time with limited availability due to market conditions. These products are clearly flagged with a yellow ‘Market demand’ message on the product overview section of the product details page.
21. Premier Farnell Vouchers are for online purchases only. In order to benefit from this Promotion, simply add the applicable voucher code to your shopping basket at the time of purchase. The voucher codes cannot be used on Accessories, Sample Packs, 3D Printers, Modules & Development Kits, Dev. Kits, Eval Boards, Single Board Computers & Tools, Software, Raspberry Pi, Analog Devices, FTDI, Maxim Integrated, Microchip, NXP, Xilinx, Flir Systems, AIM-TTI Instruments, B&K Precision, Fluke, Fluke Networks, Keysight Technologies, Metrix, Pico Technology, Tektronix, Keithley and Testo products. The voucher codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount, offer or pricing agreement/plan and provide a discount on the goods value only.
22. The potential winners shall have fifteen (15) natural days after being notified by the Organiser to answer the email of the Organiser, claim the prize and provide it with the required information including proof of identity and address. Failure to timely or properly claim any Prize will result in forfeiture. Any unclaimed Prize will be awarded in a random Promotion to be held by Organiser as necessary. If, after the second random Promotion to award any Prizes unclaimed in the initial Promotion, any Prize remains unclaimed, that Prize will not be awarded. By accepting a Prize, the winner consents to use of their name and/or likeness for all legitimate business purposes including advertising and promotional activities without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
23. The Organiser reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any Entrant before a Prize is issued and may require proof of identification and age. If the Organiser suspects fraud or misconduct, or if it is discovered that a registrant has failed to comply with the eligibility requirements set out in these T&Cs, then the Prize may be withheld or withdrawn or another Prize winning Entrant may be selected at random.
24. The Organiser reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Promotion or extend the period of participation in its sole discretion. The Organiser will not be liable for any such withdrawal or change to the Promotion.
25. Each winning Entrant agrees to be responsible for all applicable taxes, duties or other charges payable in relation to the Prize.
26. An Entrant may not enter the Promotion if by entering into it might cause the Organiser and/or the Entrant to be in breach of any agreement (including but not limited to any contract of employment) to which Entrant is a party or in breach of any law, regulation or rule having the force of law to which Entrant or the Organiser may be subject. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any entry made in breach of this condition.
27. The Organiser respects the policies of employers which forbid the acceptance of such prizes by their employees. The winning Entrant must obtain signed authorisation from a director of his or her employer (if appropriate) confirming permission to accept the prize.
29. By participating in this Promotion, Entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Organiser, their advertising and promotions agencies and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents and employees, from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with (1) awarding, acceptance, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any Prize awarded herein; or (2) participation in the Promotion or any Prize-related activities. The Organiser does not exclude liability under the T&Cs for death, personal injury arising or damage to property from its negligence, or for breach of Part II of the Consumer Protection Act 1987, or for any matter in relation to which it would be illegal for the Organiser to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
30. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Entrant irrevocably agrees that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion.
31. Please address any queries relating to this Promotion to email@example.com .
32. Amazon, Apple and vendors of the other prizes mentioned in these terms and conditions are not a participant or sponsor of this promotion.