What is it?
A sophisticated 'smart toy' from Binary Bots, Totem Crab is a 150+ piece robot kit suitable for young coders who have advanced beyond the more rudimentary building and coding packages. Built around a specially designed sensor board, the Totem Crab can be brought to life with code and programmed to respond to human touch and imitate the instincts of a real animal.
- Innovative 'Totem Mechanics' design allows for stronger, simpler and more adaptable constructions
- Two unique capacitive touch sensor strips for 'poke and stroke' interface
- 4 addressable multi-colour LEDs
- Light sensor and buzzer
- Vibramotor for haptic feedback
- Also available in Totem Spider and Totem Tortoise designs
- 150+ piece kit containing everything you need to construct the Totem Crab
- Unique motorised 'crab pincer'
- Powerful BinaryBots sensor board
- BBC micro:bit power and interface board
- Totem Screwdriver
- Detailed instruction manual
- 1x BBC micro:bit (sold separately)
Road Test Reviews
Have you used the BinaryBots Totem Crab at home or in the classroom? Share your thoughts on this month's featured accessory in the comments section below...