Special Guest MATRIX Labs with a Learning Segment on the Topics Related to Home Automation!
|MATRIX Creators Given Away for asking questions that are useful or contribute to learning!|
April 3rd: Time 5:30 PM CST
- Cold Open – A Project14 Project Video from a Community Member
- Learning Segment - MATRIX Creator for Home Automation Projects (Samreen & Alfred)
- Project14 Videos & Music – A compilation of Project14 project videos set to music
- Sean & Connor Miller’s Show & Tell Segment
- Wesley Gardner’s Show & Tell Segment
- Outro – A Project14 Project Video from a Community Member
- Q & A – any remaining time will be used for Q & A
Discover. Learn. Share.
MATRIX Labs will be special guests for the Learning Segment. There are no hard and fast rules. The format will be relaxed and is intended to provide a comfortable setting for getting to know products you can use in your projects, as well as, introduce you to technologists that help make your projects possible. You shared the topics you want to discuss in Project14 | Live Stream & MATRIX Creator Giveaway: You Decide the Topics!
Possible Areas of Discussion:
- Using the MATRIX Creator in Home Automation Projects
- Projects that Leverage the MATRIX Creators FPGA
- MATRIX Creators Flexibility as a Learning Tool
- Voice Specific Applications of the MATRIX Creator
Special Guest Presenters
As the Innovation Manager at MATRIX Labs, alfredgg puts on various hats. Whether it be programming an app for our MATRIX app store, planning events, sales and business development, production and procurement, marketing and brand management, building a hardware device based off of our products, or managing our team of contributors. samreen.islam is the Community Manager at MATRIX Labs, a design enthusiast, a robotics enthusiasts, and holds a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering with a Computer and Design Integration Minor. She's also volunteered as a mentor at Computers4Kids & The Clubhouse@C4K, where she mentored children and helped their ideas become a reality, volunteered at the Society of Women Engineers to spread awareness about women in engineering and encourage girls to pursue engineering, and volunteered at Lego Mindstorm Programs through MARS to teach robotics and programming to children at local elementary schools and the Virginia Institute of Autism.
This will be followed by a Show & Tell Session from Community Members.
Learn about using the MATRIX Creator in Projects:
- Matrix Creator and Raspberry Pi Combo Startup Guide by sjmill01
- Home Automation You Must Know by sjmill01
- SERA - Smart Extension Relay with Alexa - powered by MATRIX Creator and Arduino MKR1000 by dixonselvan
- Open HAB 2 with MATRIX Creator by jomoenginer
- OpenHAB 2 with Matrix Creator and RasPi 3 A+: Intro
- OpenHAB 2 with Matrix Creator and RasPi 3 A+: MATRIX Lite Python
- OpenHAB 2 with Matrix Creator and RasPi 3 A+: OpenHAB 2 Exec Binding
- OpenHAB 2 with Matrix Creator and RasPi 3 A+: OpenHAB 2 MQTT Binding
- OpenHAB 2 with Matrix Creator and RasPi 3 A+: Everloop and demo
- OpenHAB 2 with Matrix Creator and RasPi 3 A+: GPIO and Postmortem
- What makes an office smart? by samreen.islam
- Being Lazy - Home Automation by vimarsh_
- 4D IoT Game Engine Blog by sjmill01
Be Creative. Have Fun. Entertain.
What you do is more important than who you are. Throughout the Live Stream we'll showcase the following Project14 projects:
- The Thinking Cap by ntewinkel
- Mini Weather Station by carmelito
- A Simple Arduino Music Box by jc2048
- Sparky the Power Chick Levitates by dougw
- Jumbo LED by Workshopshed
Experiment. Inspire. Influence.
Project14 is a by members, for members program. This will be the first live stream where community members present.
Community Member Presenters:
The following members of the community were selected because of their past contributions in support of the Project14 . As this will coincide with 2nd Birthday of the Project14 program it's only fitting that our featured community presenters celebrated Open Arduino with Marshmallow Eating Poster Makes Arduino Roaster - Project 14 Birthday Blog and Arduino SD Card Audio Player & LM386 Audio Amplifier board.
sjmill01 is a Maintenance and Reliability Engineering Team Leader in the petroleum industry. His first 20 years, were spent as a Control Systems Engineer, Chemical Engineer, Six Sigma Black Belt, and Maintenance and Reliability Leader in the Chemical industry. His hobby is bestowing my skill sets in programming, robotics, residential building and repair, and auto mechanics to his son with some occasional fly fishing and guitar jamming. gam3t3ch interest in electronics blossomed in the year 1990, when he was 10 years old. After hooking up the VCR himself, a big deal at the time, his Mom came home from work early to find the VCR in many pieces on the floor because he was curious on how it worked. He points the finger to his grandfather’s willingness to show him how things worked and how to fix them encouraged this adventure and passion for all things broken and electronic. Since then, his love and excitement for electronics is so great, he will often visit garage sales to buy old pong systems and radios just to play with them or see how they work and fix anything broken.
|Project14 Step Climber, Finisher, Influencer & 3 x Trophy Winner||Project14 Founder, Influencer, Step Climber, Finisher, Trophy Winner, and Decider|
- Fixing R2D2's Brains in Simple Electronic Repairs
- Long Shower = Candle Power in Mixing Electronics & Water
- Marshmallow Eating Poster Makes Arduino Roaster - Project 14 Birthday Blog in Open Arduino
- Home Automation Mojo You Must Know Part 1 in Home Automation
- Home Automation Mojo You Must Know Part 2: Notification in Home Automation
- Home Automation Mojo You Must Know Part 3: Environmental Awareness in Home Automation
- Home Automation Mojo You Must Know Part 4: Actuation in Home Automation
- Non-Electrical to Electrial issue: Battery booster pack repair. in Simple Electronic Repairs
- 1970's Sears 8 Track Repair in Simple Electronic Repairs
- Arduino SD Card Audio Player & LM386 Audio Amplifier board in Open Arduino
- The Arduino Starter Kit Upgraded Case in Portable Electronics Kit
Moderator & Co-Presenter
To keep things at 45 minutes and make sure the community member presenters get to share their electronics project related story your friendly host at element14 will keep track of time, without wanting to interrupt anyone, to make sure everyone gets to have their story heard. The goal is for everyone to walk away with an enriching experience, including novices, experts, or anyone anywhere in between!
Prior to joining element14, tariq.ahmad had 7 years of experience working with software engineers as part of a Chicago Tech Start Up, ActiveCampaign, founded by a friend who was a classmate in college. He’s been part of the Premier Farnell, now an Avnet Company, for four years. He worked mostly with The Ben Heck Show team his first year on the community, most notably running the giveaways. Since then he's branched out by starting the Project14 program and re-launching the Arduino program. He has run Project14 monthly project competitions since April 2017 (date the program was launched) and re-launched the Arduino around the same time.
Project14 Founder, Decider, and Jedi
Raw. Unscripted. Real.
So, what does a Project14 Live Stream look like? It will be part educational and part entertainment, aka edutainment! There will be video clips, it will be fast paced, and it will be set up with watchability in mind'
It will be creative and fun, light hearted, and there will be learning involved.
You'll learn something new while being entertained. There's no cost to learn and be a part of the discussion: