Transform Your Thinking
ON Semiconductor is challenging the element14 Community to design the most creative solution utilizing their Bluetooth low energy multi-sensor development kit. ON Semiconductor wants the element14 Community to design solutions to everyday problems using the ultra low power consumption BLE on the RSL10-SENSE-GEVK. You can use the sensors provided on the board, or add your own sensors and actuators to be controlled by the RSL10 Sense and Control app.
Challengers are invited to use the ON Semiconductor to monitor their world and Transform Your Thinking.
50 successful applicants will get a free of charge to build and blog their project with. They can take advantage of the ON Semiconductor RSL10-Sense-GEVK’s ultra-low-power consumption modes, Ultra Low energy Bluetooth 5.0, or the environmental or geomagnetic sensors. For a chance to win one of the prizes below you must blog your build process and the final outcome of your RSL10-Sense-GEVK projects within the Think ON Design Challenge space.
Example applications could include:
• Wearable Monitoring for workers in Dangerous spaces such as in foundries.
• A Monitor system sewn into Train drivers jackets
• Monitoring the elderly (Eg. see if they are calling for help or have fallen)
• A system to monitor delicate packages within a shipping facility
• A system Monitor delicate fruits and foods between processing areas
• Used to monitor Organ Transplant Shipments
• A System to Monitor Pets in Transit
|The Kit||The Specs|
1 x RSL10-SENSE-GEVK from
• Industry's lowest power consumption in Deep Sleep Mode
• Fully-integrated antenna
• Powered by a coin cell
• Tiny Footprint
• All passive components
• Advanced Multi-Protocol Wireless Functionality
• Supports Bluetooth Low Energy and 2.4 GHz proprietary/custom protocols
• Rx Sensitivity: -93 dBm
• Transmitting Power: -17 to 0 dBm
• Supports Firmware Over The Air(FOTA)
• Built-in power management
• Advanced dual-core architecture to 3.3 Voltage Supply Range
• 384 kB Flash, 76 kB ProgramMemory, 88 kB Data Memory
• IP protection feature to secureflash contents
• Configurable analog and digital sensor interfaces (GPIOs, LSADs, I2C,SPI, PCM)
Smart Phone Apps
The kit is supported by the RSL10 Sense and Control app (IoS ®, Android™) for cloud connectivity. Using this app, you can select multiple sensors to monitor and send to a cloud service you can connect. You can also add your own sensors and actuators to be controlled through the app using the plus button on the bottom right of the sensor selector screen.
There are 2 modes to the RSL10 Sense and Control app, Send and Receive mode. Receive Mode is for viewing the data from the sensors controlling any actuators you have connected through BLE or the cloud. Broadcast Mode is for sending the sensor data from BLE to a connected cloud service. These settings can be changed by pressing the cog wheel in the top right of the main page.
|Applications Open||16th Sept 2019|
|Applications Close (1 Month)|
1st Nov 2019
|Projects Due (10 Weeks)|
17th Feb 2020
28th Feb 2020
*Or local equivalent
50 Applicants will be chosen to receive The Kit above. They will be our sponsored challengers, who must use the RSL10-Sense-GEVK within their project and post a minimum of one blog on their progress and final project before 17th Feb 2020. Posts which are media rich with Photos, videos and code samples will be viewed more favorably in the judging process.
Read the attached full Terms and Conditions