In the Comments Below: Tell Us How You Would Use the BeagleBone AI for Your Vision Thing Project!
We'll Send Out Boards for Project Proposals that Use Them!
We are offering up to 20 FREE Beaglebone AI Boards in exchange for Vision Thing projects that use them!
|We are offering up to 20 FREE Beaglebone AI Boards in exchange for Vision Thing projects that use them!|
What is a Vision Thing project and how do you use the BeagleBone AI to do one?
There's a lot of variety with how you choose to implement your project. It's a great opportunity to do something creative that stretches the imagination of what hardware can do. Your project can be either a vision based project involving anything that is related to Computer Vision and Machine Learning , Camera Vision and AI based projects, Deep Learning, using hardware. Or, it can be a graphics project involving something graphical such as adding a graphical display to a microcontroller, image processing on a microcontroller, image recognition interface a camera to a microcontroller, or FPGA - camera interfacing/image processing/graphical display.
What makes the Beaglebone AI suitable for Vision Thing Projects?
BeagleBone AI is a high-end board for developers building artificial-intelligence and computer-vision applications. Its main AI features include a Texas Instruments (TI) AM5729 system on chip (SoC), TI C66x digital-signal-processor (DSP) cores and embedded-vision-engine (EVE) cores. The board has the same form-factor as the popular and cheap BeagleBone Black but with much higher specifications.
- It features a completely open source design: https://github.com/beagleboard/beaglebone-ai
The AI-ready board comes with 1GB RAM and 16GB on-board eMMC flash with a high-speed interface, a USB Type-C port for power and a dual-role controller, and a USB Type-A host. There's also Gigabit Ethernet and Wi-Fi. With preinstalled software, the BeagleBone AI also saves buyers from having to download equipment to get the device up and running.
|The Most Creative Vision Thing Wins a Keysight DSOXO11G Oscilloscope!|
Learn more by visiting:
- BeagleBone® AI - Technical Specifications
- BeagleBone® AI - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- BeagleBone® Black, Blue, Wireless, Industrial, Green, AI Comparison Chart
- BeagleBone® AI - Getting Started
So: what do you have to do to be in the running for one of the brand new Beagleboard AI? Just follow the instructions below!
1. Register and/or log-in to the element14 Community
2. Leave a comment on this post or on Project14 | Vision Thing: Build Things Using Graphics, AI, Computer Vision, & Beyond! telling us what you'd like to build for your Vision Thing project with the new Beagleboard AI!
3. Once you receive a new board submit your finished Vision Thing project for a chance to win a Keysight DSOXO11G Oscilloscope!
The Most Promising Vision Thing Project Proposals Win a Free Beaglebone AI to Use In Your Vision Thing Project!