Phil from the element14 Community talks you through how to set up the BeagleBone® AI
There are 3 easy ways to set up the BeagleBone® AI, You can plug it into your computer using a USB Type C cable, Connect to the BeagleBone® AI's Wireless hotspot or set it up stand alone by plugging it into a Screen, Keyboard and Mouse.
Have you got your new BeagleBone® AI? Then lets begin!
Setting up the BeagleBone® AI Via USB Type-C and a Windows or Mac OSX computer.
1. Connect a USB Type-C cable to BeagleBone® AI USB Type-C port.
2. Connect the other end of the USB cable to the PC USB 3.0 port.
3. BeagleBone® AI will boot.
4. Look for a new mass storage drive to appear on the PC.
5. Open the drive and open START.HTM with your web browser.
Note: For the latest online instructions, troubleshooting tips and support go to:
Chrome or Firefox web browsers are recommended.
Setting up the BeagleBone® with a Keyboard, Mouse and Screen.
Connect a combo keyboard and mouse to BeagleBone® AI’s USB
2. Connect an micro-HDMI cable to the board.
3. Connect the micro-HDMI-to-HDMI cable to an HDMI monitor.
4. Plug a USB Type-C power supply into BeagleBone® AI’s USB Type-C port.
5. BeagleBone® AI will boot. No need to enter any passwords.
6. Desktop will appear on the monitor. Click the “Getting Started” icon
Setting up the BeagleBone® Via Wireless Hotspot.
1. Plug a USB Type-C power supply into BeagleBone® AI’s USB Type-C port.
2. BeagleBone® AI will boot.
3. Connect your PC’s WiFi to SSID “BeagleBone-XXXX” where XXXX varies
for your BeagleBone® AI.
4. Use password “BeagleBone” to complete the WiFi connection.
5. Open http://192.168.8.1 in your web browser. Note: 6. Follow the instructions in the browser window.