Avnet Guardian 100 is a wireless edge module that uses Azure Sphere to deliver secure connectivity to devices, helping businesses get the most out of their existing equipment investments. Guardian 100 includes Avnet's Azure Sphere MT3620 module and securely connects to existing equipment via Ethernet or USB providing a secure connection to the internet via dual band Wi-Fi. The Azure Sphere device in Guardian, communicates with the cloud, not the device, therefore, protecting equipment from attack, ensuring data is only transmitted between trusted cloud and device communications partners, and ensuring the software of the module and the equipment remains intact and secured. Avnet Guardian-enabled devices also receive automatic security updates through the Azure Sphere Security Service. With Avnet Guardian, enterprise customers can more confidently connect existing devices to the cloud, helping them to operate more efficiently, drive innovation, and create a better customer experience.
Beyond retrofitting existing devices, Avnet Guardian can also be used in scenarios where current connectivity does not meet enterprise-level security requirements. Avnet Guardian is a good fit for any industry that operates using mission-critical, capital-intense equipment.
Businesses can start seeing value right away with plug and play modules that are easy for anyone, including non-technical onsite employees, to install. Avnet Guardian also integrates with Avnet's IoTConnect, a secure, cloud-based platform and a portfolio of pre-built, smart, industry-specific connectivity solutions that businesses can use to quickly implement innovative IoT solutions and gain real-time data insights.
Avnet Guardian includes Azure Sphere. Customers will need an Azure tenant, which is free, to enable the automated Azure Sphere security updates. Azure Sphere can be used with other, non-Azure cloud services or even pushed to a customer's existing, internal data center.
KEY GUARDIAN BENEFITS:
- Securely connect existing devices: Retrofit existing equipment easily and cost-effectively with a comprehensive, highly secure cloud connectivity solution.
- Streamline operations: Remotely monitor and manage equipment to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and improve the customer experience.
- Gain critical insights: Enable real-time analytics and artificial intelligence to drive innovation and transform your business.
- Machine Monitoring/Control
- Asset monitoring and Access
- Food Services and Smart Retail
- HVAC and Refrigeration
- IoT Appliances and Devices
- Smart City and Smart Agriculture
- Factory and Building Automation
- Avnet Azure Sphere Module based on the MT3620AN SoC that features:
- 1x 500MHz ARM Cortex A7, 4MB SRAM
- 2x 200MHz ARM Cortex M4F cores, 192kB TCM, 64kB SRAM, integrated FPU
- On-chip QSPI flash memory (16 MB)
- Dual-band 2.4/5GHz 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
- Dual-band 2.4/5GHz Chip Antenna (Pulse W3006)
- Ethernet 10BaseT Interface, RJ45 connector and Magnetics
- USB 2.0 Device Interface and USB power (USB type-B connector)
- USB 2.0 Debug/Program Interface (internal microUSB connector)
- 7x Status LEDs: Power, User-1,-2,-3, Debug/Program USB, Ethernet-A,-B
- 5V to 3.3V DC/DC Power Regulation (2A max, with over voltage protection)
- Operating Temperature: -30°C to 85°C (USB interface) / -30°C to 70°C (Ethernet)
- Dimensions: *84mm x 84mm x 34mm (*W=108mm including mounting flanges)
- Azure Sphere Guardian 100 Edge Device
- USB 2.0 type-A to type-B cable
- Ethernet Cat-5 cable
- Quick Start Card