Name: Ritvi Mishra
Current home town: Pune, India
Did you attend university? Yes, I am currently a sophomore, pursuing bachelor's in technology, majoring in Electronics and Telecommunications
Current Job: I am currently interning. I am working on a project that involves connecting to MQTT via a GSM module(GPRS).
My favorite projects from element14 presents are: I love re-purposing videos and the very conceptually exploring videos, hence my favourite element 14 videos are mostly from the learning circuit and the electronics inside
In this project we are creating a MQTT mesh which once set-up can be used for anything under the sun. This personally though is a first part towards building a smartphone controlled watering system.
The following are the requirements(components, software, etc..):
- Raspberry Pi with wifi/network connection(used here: Raspberry Pi 4)
- Any ESP8266 Module(used here: Node MCU)
- Arduino IDE
- LEDs (or any other component like buzzer, motor, etc. which can be interfaced with GPIO pins)
- Resistors(10k, 100ohm)
- Power sources for both the controllers
- Smartphone with playstore
- MQTT interfacing mobile application
Link to the codes: