The Antenna Technology Quiz will test your knowledge of antenna technology, concepts, theory and practice. How much do you REALLY know about antennas? Take our antenna quiz to test your knowledge. To earn the Antenna Quiz Badge, score 100% on the quiz, rate this document, and leave your feedback on the quiz as a comment. We have some great prizes for the first 6 people who score 100% in the quiz.
1) True or False: Gain is a measure of the ability of an antenna to direct the input power into radiation in a specific direction, and is measured at the peak radiation intensity.
2) When the impedance of an antenna is not matched to its input transmission line from the transmitter or to the reciever, the system degrades due to ____________.
3) The most commonly used connector for an internal cabled antenna is a(n) ____________ connector.
4) From the list below, which choice is NOT a commonly used type of antenna?
5) True or False: The ferrite layer of a peel-and-stick NFC antenna helps to eliminate the interference effects from metallic or conductive surfaces when antenna is applied.
6) True or False: To avoid the electromagnetic interference from high-frequency components such as clock generators and other ICs, an antenna must be placed at the edge of the PCB with sufficient clearance from the rest of the circuit.
7) The Molex 214428-0001 is a WIFI/BT external antenna with coax cable and I-pex connector to allow direct connection with a PCB. What type of polarizaion does it possess?
8) The bandwidth of an antenna refers to the range of frequencies over which the antenna satisfies a particular parameter specification. What is the most commonly used parameter for which the bandwidth is given in terms of?
9) The Molex 214429-0001 is an external antenna with a joint hinge tha allows a 90° rotation in thr vertical plane, and the SMA-J connector that allows 180° rotation in the horizontal plane. What wireless protocol does it support?
10) There are three forms of loss associated with a microstrip patch antenna. From the list below, select the choice that best describes these losses.
11) True or False: Designers of 5G wireless technology products will need to not only incorporate an array of high-frequency antennas into their products, but also determine antenna placement best practices for 5G antennas.
12) _________ is the ratio of the radiation intensity in a given direction from the antenna to the radiation intensity averaged over all directions. ________ is the ratio of the radiation intensity, in a given direction, to the radiation intensity that would be obtained if the power accepted by the antenna were radiated isotropically.
13) What is the gain of an antenna with a directivity of 1.5 and an antenna efficiency factor of 50%?
14) The gain of an isotropic antenna radiating in a uniform spherical pattern is _____.
15) _________ is a conductive horizontal surface which is a part of the antenna used to reflect the radio waves.
16) True or False: A static electric charge, or a charge moving with uniform velocity, does not radiate, while normal electron currents that are time-varying do radiate. Since antennas radiate from varying currents, the goal of antenna design consists of controlling currents to produce the desired radiation distribution or pattern.
17) Maxwell's equations predict that antennas radiate electromagnetic waves (EM) because _______ states that a changing magnetic field gives rise to a circling electric field and _________ that states a changing electric field gives rise to a circling magnetic field. The coupling between these time varying electric and magnetic fields will propagate EM waves capable of traveling through free space and other media at the speed of light.
18) From the list below, which of the follow is NOT a type of antenna radiation pattern?
19) From the list below, select the choice that best describes the benefit of laser direct structuring (LDS) chip antenna technology.
20) From the list below, which communication protocol is not supported by the Molex 206866-3000 combination antenna?
21) True or False: The radiation pattern of a dipole antenna in three dimensions resembles a donut and is often referred to as the donut-shaped radiation pattern.
23) True or False: Beamwdith is an antenna parameter associated with the lobes of an antenna radiation pattern, and defined as the angular separation between two identical points on opposite sides of the major lobe.
24) True or False: An external cabled antenna is primarily used when the transmitting device is in a plastic housing or when the designer wants to get the signal away from the plastic of the device.
25) The is an internal ISM 868/915MHz Antenna wih 100.00mm Cable Length. It is compatible with U.FL / I-PEX MHF Connectors. It has a peak gain in the 863-870Mhz range of 0.4dBi and in the 902-928Mhz range of 1.4dBi. What protocols does it support?
|146236-0001 Standard NFC Antenna|
|214428-0001 WiFi/BT Antenna_IPEX_B|
|214429-0001 5G External Antenna_Hinged_B_M|
|206866-3000 External Antenna|