How much do you know about industrial ethernet technology, protocols, and components? Take our quiz to find out.
To earn the Industrial Ethernet Badge, score 100% on the quiz, rate this document, and leave your feedback on the quiz as a comment.
1) Ethernet can replace what conventional technology used in traditional industrial networks?
2) An end-to-end Industrial Automation Solution can incorporate which of these elements:
3) Which of the following is NOT an Industrial Ethernet solution?
4) For the industrial technology "Ethernet/IP" what does "IP” stand for?
5) Which technology block is at the core of an industrial automation system?
6) What is the benefit of gold-flash palladium nickel plated contacts on RJ11 and RJ45 modular jacks?
7) Which organization manages the Ethernet/IP protocol?
8) True or False: Brad Micro-Change (M12) Connectors have built-in strain relief to radiate stress in side-load conditions.
9) A Molex Brad(R) IO-Link digital hub can offer up to how many connected devices at once, using a single PROFINET IP address?
10) A Molex Brad(R) applicomIO Ethernet/IP network interface card provides connectivity for which of these:
11) True or False: Molex's Brad(R) Ultra-Lock Stainless Steel Connection System creates a repeatable IP69K seal.
12) What unique condition can an IP69K-rated connection withstand?
13) True or False: Molex Brad(R) "Push-to-lock" connectors can be unlocked with a 4-digit PIN.
14) True or False: Molex IP20 and IP67 Ethernet switches are PROFINET-compliant.
15) Single Pair Ethernet (SPE) is different from traditional Ethernet's physical layer in what way?
16) From the list below, which is NOT an advantage of Industrial Ethernet:
17) Molex's industrial remote access solutions do NOT offer which benefit:
18) Which is NOT an advantage of a Magnetic Jack?
19) A Molex MXMag connector can support what maximum Ethernet speeds?
20) Which is NOT true about the Molex Brad Micro-Change connectors?
21) The Ultra-lock connection system from Molex can handle what maximum current?
22) True or False: The Brad M12 Ultra-Lock Connection System offers push-lock connectivity, which means they cannot be used with traditional M12 threaded connectors.
23) What are the two types of Ethernet/IP devices?
24) Recessed pins within a die-cast shield offer what advantage?