Combining embedded systems with computer vision results in Embedded Vision Systems. But how much do you REALLY know about them? Take our 25-question embedded vision quiz to find out.
To earn the Embedded Vision Badge, score 100% on the quiz, rate this document, and leave your feedback on the quiz as a comment.
1) Embedded vision systems are used in a wide variety of applications. Which of the following is an example of an embedded vision application?
2) The 96Boards Dual Camera Mezzanine is an accessory for the Ultra96-V2 board. It comes with two CAV10-000A image sensors, which offer 1 mega pixel resolution (1280 pixels by 800 lines) and output a grey scale image.
3) Embedded vision systems incorporate image capture and image processing into one device. Which of the following can be used in the image processing engine for an embedded vision system?
4) True or False: The AR0144 is a 1/4-inch 1.0 Mp CMOS digital image sensor with an active-pixel array of 1280H x 800V. It incorporates a global shutter pixel design optimized for accurate and fast capture of moving scenes.
5) Combining embedded systems with computer vision results in embedded vision systems. Which of the following is NOT a main component of a typical embedded vision system?
6) True or False: The UltraZed-EV SOM is a System-On-Module (SOM) based on the Xilinx Zynq 7000 SoC family of devices.
7) When selecting a processor for an embedded vision application, which of the following characteristics is important to consider?
8) True or False: The AR1335 is a 1/3.2-inch CMOS active-pixel digital image sensor. It features 1.1µm pixel technology that delivers superior low-light image quality through leading sensitivity, quantum efficiency and linear full well.
9) Embedded vision systems typically contain a single-board computer connected to image sensors that are used to capture and process images. Which of the following is generally a benefit of embedded vision systems?
10) True or False: The benefit of using field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs) as image sensor data processors in embedded vision systems are the devices' programmable hardware, software, and I/O capabilities.
11) True or False: Detection, recognition, and learning algorithms are used in embedded vision systems.
12) The UltraZed-EV™ System-on-Module (SoM) provides easy access to its resources through three Micro Headers connected to the UltraZed-EV Carrier Card. How much user I/O is supported by this board?
13) True or False: The choice of an embedded vision processor depends on aspects such as real-time performance, power consumption, image accuracy and algorithm complexity.
14) To generate a color image from an image sensor, three primary colors (Red, Green, and Blue) are required for each pixel. The ____ is generally accepted as the industry standard for one-shot color images.
15) True or False: CMOS and charge-coupled device (CCD) are the two leading technologies available today for image capture. While CCD delivers higher quality overall, CMOS sensors are now used more often due to their low-light-level handling capabilities, lower power consumption and lower cost.
16) The Ultra96-V2 is an Arm-based, Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+™ MPSoC development board based on the Linaro 96Boards Consumer Edition (CE) specification. What is the RAM memory capacity available in this board?
17) The Bayer CFA has been generally accepted as the industry standard for one-shot color image. The _____________is a four-channel alternative for obtaining full-color images from a single image sensor.
18) True or False: The Avnet Multi-Camera FMC module supports up to four AR0231AT high definition 1/2.7-inch CMOS digital image sensors. It uses a 3.0 micron Back Side Illuminated (BSI) pixel with ON Semiconductor's DR-Pix™ technology.
19) True or False: Embedded vision systems are currently being developed for consumer and industrial use cases. In the future, they will be used with specially developed processing engines for low-light conditions, high-definition imaging, and high-end applications.
20) True or False: In embedded vision systems, specialized vision algorithms are used to control video image input and enhance video for specific needs, such as color enhancement and object detection improvement.
21) PicoZed™ is a highly flexible System-On-Module, or SOM. The PicoZed module contains the common functions required to support the core of most SoC designs, including memory, configuration, Ethernet, USB, and clocks. The PicoZed SOM is based on the ____________.
22) True or False: Embedded vision systems must be powerful enough to meet real-time task deadlines and critical mission safety specifications while staying within power efficiency budgets.
23) Video and image processing typically requires sophisticated features like object detection and recognition, algorithmic decision-making, and motion path selection. The outputs of these processes must be deterministically bound to control decisions, status analysis, and human machine interface notification. Without such determinism, _________ is directly impacted.
24) The XGS 12000 is a 12.6 Mp (4096 x 3072) CMOS image sensor in 1 inch optical format, supporting up to _____ frames per second readout with 12-bit output at full resolution. The device provides high resolution, global shutter imaging with high readout speed for industrial imaging customers.