3) LOTO kits can be used to prevent the operation or energization of:
4) One difference between the National Electric Code (NEC) and NFPA 70E is:
5) A Safety NOTICE sign indicating the worksite visitor sign-in policy would use which color?
6) As a critical safety step, LOTO stands for:
7) What does a LOTO procedure prevent?
8) Which of the following items would not be found in a LOTO kit?
9) What type of lockout device is necessary when multiple energy control points must be locked out simultaneously to ensure system de-energization by different stakeholders?
10) Who enforces compliance with NFPA 70E?
11) Which of the following are hazards that the NFPA 70E covers?
12) Which definition best describes “arc flash”?
13) _____________ lockout kits come equipped with keyed-alike padlocks, allowing all the locks in a kit to be opened with a single key.
14) Arc flash can be caused by:
15) What color would an Arc Flash Hazard WARNING sign be that’s posted on or near a machine with access to high voltage?
16) Which elements can prevent death or injury from an arc flash event?
17) Which factor does not determine the intensity of an arc flash?
18) What safety device can help reduce arcing time during an arc flash event?
19) SAFELEX Universal Cable Lockouts are used when you need to lock out ________ energy isolation points.
20) Which of the following is a type of injury that can occur from an arc flash?
21) ___________________ is a state in which an electrical conductor or circuit part has been disconnected from energized parts, locked/tagged in accordance with established standards, tested to ensure the absence of voltage, and grounded if determined necessary.
22) When working “live,” or around exposed energized parts, which is NOT an NFPA 70E requirement?
23) A CAUTION sign indicating an area where eye protection is required would be what color?
24) ________________ comprises investigating a worker’s potential exposure to arc-flash energy, conducted for the purpose of injury prevention and the determination of safe work practices and the appropriate levels of PPE
25) Arc flash PPE Categories 1 and 4 both require arc-rated (AR) long-sleeve shirt and AR long pants, but Category _____ also requires a AR arc flash suit jacket, pants and hood.
Alas, you didn't quite meet the grade. You only got %. Please review our resource guide and try again.
You nailed it, and scored %! To earn the NFPA 70E Workplace Safety Badge, leave us some feedback in the comments section and give the quiz a star rating.