This Event will Focus on Topics Related to Home Automation!
Special Guest MATRIX Labs and a Project14 Show & Tell from Community Presenters!
|MATRIX Creators Given Away for asking questions that are useful or contribute to learning!|
April 3rd: Time 5:30 PM CST
There are no hard and fast rules. The format will be relaxed and is intended to provide a comfortable setting for getting to know technology you can use in your projects, explore possibilities with technology, and demonstrate applications of technology in your projects.
Possible Areas of Discussion:
- Using the MATRIX Creator in Home Automation Projects
- Projects that Leverage the MATRIX Creators FPGA
- MATRIX Creators Flexibility as a Learning Tool
- Voice Specific Applications of the MATRIX Creator
This will be followed by a Show & Tell Presentation from Community Members.
Community Member Presenters:
The following members of the community were selected because of their past contributions in support of the Project14 . As this will coincide with 2nd Birthday of the Project14 program it's only fitting that our featured community presenters celebrated Open Arduino with Marshmallow Eating Poster Makes Arduino Roaster - Project 14 Birthday Blog and Arduino SD Card Audio Player & LM386 Audio Amplifier board.
sjmill01 is a Maintenance and Reliability Engineering Team Leader in the petroleum industry. His first 20 years, were spent as a Control Systems Engineer, Chemical Engineer, Six Sigma Black Belt, and Maintenance and Reliability Leader in the Chemical industry. His hobby is bestowing my skill sets in programming, robotics, residential building and repair, and auto mechanics to my son with some occasional fly fishing and guitar jamming. gam3t3ch interest in electronics blossomed in the year 1990, when he was 10 years old. After hooking up the VCR himself, a big deal at the time, his Mom came home from work early to find the VCR in many pieces on the floor because he was curious on how it worked. He points the finger to his grandfather’s willingness to show him how things worked and how to fix them encouraged this adventure and passion for all things broken and electronic. Since then, his love and excitement for electronics is so great, he will often visit garage sales to buy old pong systems and radios just to play with them or see how they work and fix anything broken.
|Project14 Step Climber, Finisher, Influencer & 3 x Trophy Winner||Project14 Founder, Influencer, Step Climber, Finisher, Trophy Winner, and Decider|
- Fixing R2D2's Brains in Simple Electronic Repairs
- Long Shower = Candle Power in Mixing Electronics & Water
- Marshmallow Eating Poster Makes Arduino Roaster - Project 14 Birthday Blog in Open Arduino
- Home Automation Mojo You Must Know Part 1 in Home Automation
- Home Automation Mojo You Must Know Part 2: Notification in Home Automation
- Home Automation Mojo You Must Know Part 3: Environmental Awareness in Home Automation
- Home Automation Mojo You Must Know Part 4: Actuation in Home Automation
- Non-Electrical to Electrial issue: Battery booster pack repair. in Simple Electronic Repairs
- 1970's Sears 8 Track Repair in Simple Electronic Repairs
- Arduino SD Card Audio Player & LM386 Audio Amplifier board in Open Arduino
- The Arduino Starter Kit Upgraded Case in Portable Electronics Kit
Special Guest Presenters
As the Innovation Manager at MATRIX Labs, alfredgg puts on various hats. Whether it be programming an app for our MATRIX app store, planning events, sales and business development, production and procurement, marketing and brand management, building a hardware device based off of our products, or managing our team of contributors. samreen.islam is the Community Manager at MATRIX Labs, a design enthusiast, a robotics enthusiasts, and holds a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering with a Computer and Design Integration Minor. She's also volunteered as a mentor at Computers4Kids & The Clubhouse@C4K, where she mentored children and helped their ideas become a reality, volunteered at the Society of Women Engineers to spread awareness about women in engineering and encourage girls to pursue engineering, and volunteered at Lego Mindstorm Programs through MARS to teach robotics and programming to children at local elementary schools and the Virginia Institute of Autism.
|samreen.islam (Community Manager) and alfredgg (Innovation Manager) for MATRIX Labs|
Tell the Story About How Something is Useful in an Electronics & Design Project
MATRIX Labs will be having a conversation with the community about how the MATRIX Creator is useful in Home Automation Projects. Afterwards you will have a chance to answer questions from any of the areas of discussion highlighted above or brought up in Project14 | Live Stream & MATRIX Creator Giveaway: You Decide the Topics. We'll also giveaway a limited number of MATRIX Creator for asking questions that are enriching to the conversation.
Moderator & Co-Presenter
To keep things at 45 minutes and make sure the community member presenters get to share their electronics project related story your friendly host at element14 will keep track of time, without wanting to interrupt anyone, to make sure everyone gets to have their story heard. The goal is for everyone to walk away with an enriching experience, including novices, experts, or anyone anywhere in between!
Prior to joining element14, tariq.ahmad had 7 years of experience working with software engineers as part of a Chicago Tech Start Up, ActiveCampaign, founded by a friend who was a classmate in college. He’s been part of the Premier Farnell, an Avnet Company, for four years. He has been a Content Specialist for the element14 community for the last 3 years. He has 16 years of experience working with engineers to make content accessible to a wider audience. He worked mostly with The Ben Heck Show team his first year on the community. Since then he's branched out by starting the Project14 program and re-launching the Arduino program.
Project14 Founder, Decider, and Jedi
Raw. Unscripted Real.
So, what does a Project14 Live Stream look like? It will be part educational and part entertainment, aka edutainment! There will be video clips, it will be fast paced, and it will be set up with watchability in mind'
- Cold Open – A Project14 Project Video from a Community Member
- Learn How to Use the MATRIX Creator for Home Automation Projects (Samreen & Alfred)
- Music Tech Performance – A Project14 project from a Community Member plays a song
- Raising Awesome Project Video Clip followed by Sean & Connor Miller’s Show & Tell Segment
- Wesley Gardner Project Video Clip followed by Wesley Gardner’s Show & Tell Segment
- Outro – A Project14 Project Video from a Community Member
- Q & A – any remaining time will be used for Q & A
It will be creative and fun, light hearted, and there will be learning involved.
You'll learn something new while being entertained. This is non sponsored, there's no cost to learn and be a part of the discussion:
When and Where
Start Time:Apr 3, 2019 5:30 PM CDT (America/Chicago)
End Time:Apr 3, 2019 6:30 PM CDT (America/Chicago)
Event Visibility & Attendance Policy:Open
- tariq.ahmad (Owner)