Event has ended
Attend this webinar to learn about the MiniZed, an entry-level development and demonstration platform for single-core Xilinx® Zynq®-7000 All Programmable SoC devices.
MiniZed is a single-core Zynq 7Z007S development board . This board targets entry-level Zynq developers with a low-cost prototyping platform.
Download the Slides Below!
Win a MiniZed for Asking Questions!
Join us for a webinar where you will get an overview of the MiniZed. During this event, attendees will have a chance to win one of five MiniZeds for asking interesting questions about the Minized.
What you’ll learn from attending:
- What’s in the MiniZed kit and its built-in connectivity features such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and BLE
- The tools and resources available to speed development
- Cool things you can do with the Zynq-7000S, such as accelerating BDSP algorithms in hardware and interfacing MiniZed with your mobile device
- See what kind of peripherals can be plugged into the Pmod-compatible connectors or the Arduino-compatible shield interface
- Inside design tips and tricks by the makers of the MiniZed
MiniZed hardware and block diagram:
- Kit contents
- MiniZed Highlights
- Block Diagram
- Power Supply (How to order Dialog part)
- Murata Wireless chip – this and the PetaLinux driver could take up 5 minutes
- Microphone – PDM demodulation
- Vivado & SDK
- PetaLinux (mention SDSoC, i2c-dev and spidev)
- BSP’s and where to find this stuff
Reference Designs and Demos:
- Bluetooth Speaker
- BLE apps for iOS and Android (will play video GIFs while speaking)
- TDNext camera
- MiniZed Rover
- Python Web Server
- What is covered in training and where to go!
- The MiniZed was used as part of the Path to Programmable training program.
Here is an overview from a trainee, aspork42:
- Path to Programmable Blog 1 - Getting Started
- Path to Programmable Blog 2 - Xilinx Tool Flow & Getting Started with Zynq-7000
- Path to Programmable Blog 3 - PS Peripheral Configuration & TCL
- Path to Programmable Blog 4 - Adding a PL Peripheral & using PS DMA
- Path to Programmable Blog 5 - Creating Custom IP
- Path to Programmable Blog 6 - Hardware Debugging & some more TCL
- Path to Programmable Blog 7 - Trying out a PL-only VGA design
- Path to Programmable Blog 8 - Developing Zynq Software
- Path to Programmable Blog 9 - Developing Applications & Debugging in Xilinx SDK
- Path to Programmable Blog 10 - MiniZed does DVI/HDMI
- Path to Programmable Blog 11 - Booting Zynq-7000
- Path to Programmable Blog 12 - SDK Project Management & Interrupts
- Path to Programmable Blog 13 - Xilinx Libraries, the TE Sensor PMOD & Next Steps
- Path to Programmable Blog 14 - Project: A MiniZed WS2812 Controller
About the MiniZed
On-board connectivity through the Murata "Type 1DX" wireless module that provides
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.1 plus EDR and BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy)
On-board memory from Micron
- 512 MB DDR3L
- 128 Mb QSPI flash
- 8 GB eMMC
Peripherals can be plugged into
- Dual Pmod-compatible connectors (16 GPIO)
- Arduino-compatible shield interface (22 GPIO)
- USB 2.0 host interface
- Two bi-element user LED’s
- User pushbutton
- Reset pushbutton
- User switch
The integrated power supply from Dialog generates all on-board voltages. An auxiliary microUSB supply input can be used to power designs that require additional current.
On-board MEMS sensors from ST Micro
- LIS2DS12 Motion and temperature sensor
- MP34DT05 Digital Microphone
JTAG circuitry is incorporated onto the MiniZed base board. Only a single microUSB cable is required for power, programming, JTAG emulation and serial terminal debug output.
When and Where
Start Time:Dec 18, 2019 10:00 AM CDT (America/Chicago)
End Time:Dec 18, 2019 11:00 AM CDT (America/Chicago)
Event Visibility & Attendance Policy:Open
- tariq.ahmad (Owner)