Event has ended
You can view a Q&A of this session here: Webinar Briefing & FAQ: LoRa Meets Arduino, a Journey in the LPWAN World is Available On-Demand!
Lora and LoRaWAN enable inexpensive, long-range connectivity for IoT devices in rural, remote, and offshore industries. It has applications in industrial automation, manufacturing, precision farming, smart grid, pipeline monitoring, environment monitoring, smart cities, and healthcare. It is usually suited to applications in which data has to be gathered and aggregated from a number of remote locations. LoRaWAN can also be utilized as part of a smart IoT system, in combination with other LPWAN technologies. LoRa technology is also ideal for outlying regions without cellular network coverage, or establishing private networks with specific requirements for quality and security. The ability to operate on unlicensed bands, ability to operate in outlying regions without cellular network coverage, make LoRa technology ideal for rural areas, opening up the technology for smart agriculture.
During this webinar, Andrea Richetta, head of the Pro/IoT market at Arduino will give an overview of the LPWAN world, focusing on LoRa and the available solutions from Arduino. You’ll learn how to create a complete end to end solution using Arduino hardware (boards, shields and a gateway) and the Arduino IoT Cloud. We will be giving away a pair of MKR WAN 1310 boards to 5 attendees who ask the best questions. The MKR WAN 1310, brings in a series of improvements when compared to its predecessor, the MKR WAN 1300. While still based on the Microchip® SAMD21 low power processor, the Murata CMWX1ZZABZ LoRa® module, and the MKR family’s characteristic crypto chip (the ECC508), the MKR WAN 1310 includes a new battery charger, a 2MByte SPI Flash, and improved control of the board’s power consumption. Additionally, Arduino will be offering Arduino branded swag such as T-shirts, hoodies, and possibly mugs!
- Introduction to LPWAN (Low Power Wide Area Network)
- Overview of the different technologies (NbIoT , Sigfox, LoRa)
- Overview on LoRa technology
- Focus on Arduino MKR WAN 1310
- Focus on Arduino Pro Gateway for LoRa
- Creating a dashboard in the Arduino IoT Cloud
- Use cases
Who should attend:
- Anyone who is interested in the Low Power Wide Area network solutions and wants to understand how Arduino can enable fast and easy deployment. There’s no need for any specific knowledge in this sector.
- Arduino MKR WAN 1300 Pinout, SAMD21 Pin Mapping, Tech Specs, Schematics, EAGLE Files, Reference Links, Github, FAQ, and More!
- MKR WAN 1300: LoRa Marine Environmental Ranger by fmilburn
- LoRa GeLo MKR - Long Range Geo-Locator MKR 1300 by dougw
- Building EPCC - Elderly Person in the Community Care by 14rhb
- Communal-based Access Control using Arduino MKR WAN 1300 by BigG
- LoRa Experimental Environmental Sensors (LoRaXes) - Conclusion by ralphjy
- tinyMonster - Smart watch for kids with SOS and RT Tracker by mahmood.hassan
- Arduino MKR WAN 1300: Detecting forestry fire using Lora Protocol by daniloo94
- LoRa Agri-node and some other stuff by hobo
When and Where
Start Time:Jun 10, 2020 11:00 AM CDT (America/Chicago)
End Time:Jun 10, 2020 12:00 PM CDT (America/Chicago)
Event Visibility & Attendance Policy:Open
- tariq.ahmad (Owner)